Sign in to follow this  
Berto

Official Game Thread: Heat vs Magic

Law of averages worked in terms of the team's shooting and the Heat cooling off.

I'm not saying the team played well, they didn't. . . it was almost embarrassing. BUT, why does the Heat get a pass for not giving effort at the end and the Magic get blasted for not showing effort? Both teams were a fault and if the NBA had ties both teams would've paid for it.

I know the Heat stopped caring as much, but the same people that preach the "you gotta play for 48 minutes" crap seem to think it was okay for the Heat not to do it tonight

It's not ok for the Heat and if I was their coach I'd pretty upset right now. The game was "so over" that I almost turned off my tv with about 7 min left because we were down by 21 points. For whatever reason I didn't and we almost go to OT. Credit to the magic for not giving up, but they have to play with more effort throughout the game. The last 5 minutes were simply heart and hustle and fans love that!

SVG says he wasn't unhappy with how the team played and Miami just hit a lot of jump shots. He said that we got pretty good shots but couldn't convert, and that he took J-Rich out because he didn't know the last play and wanted people familiar in the game. I think he is taking this as a moral victory. Hopefully it is. Btw, I've calmed down a bit.

Meh...That's just the new SVG talking. The old SVG would've ripped the defense and rebounding apart.

Moral victories? To bad you don't win a ring for that.

Well, how can a team that's played this long together, facing the same team for the third time just be ruled out as dumb?

This is actually the first time this Orlando team has faced the Heat.

Ryan Anderson, Clark, Arenas, Hedo, and JRich hadn't logged any minutes in the matchup prior to tonight. As far as I remember Ryan didn't play any meaningful minutes when he was behind both Bass and Lewis.

Howard, Nelson, JJ, and QBerto were the only ones that played Miami together prior to tonight's game. Q and JJ played less than or equal to 20 minutes

not exactly ruling them out as just dumb. It's more than just having a low BB IQ, but not being able to recognize a good shot, a bad shot, and a mismatch, is having a low basketball IQ (or being dumb).

Um wasn't JJ 1-8 from the field and 0-4 from the line. Some of you act like if he got the ball it was going in.

Also this team needs another big. Dwight should not be playing 48 minutes in a non-playoff game.

And I'm sure as hell you are one of them. An ex-cleveland fan who's tired of getting raped by the magic, hugging his bron figurine in tears after each play-off game, whining "Leave Bron alone!" Don't worry dude, you'll get the same taste of that Magic d... come play-off time..

bronh.jpg

I'm a Magic fan, dumbass. If I was a Bron fan, I'd be rooting for Miami. Lebron is a douche.

Maybe not on most teams, but he will against us. It's just been working that way recently.

You know this how?? LeBron RARELY plays this well from outside. Amazing player, mediocre at best shooter who got hot. The defense in this game wasn't that bad. Wade and Bosh were quiet and we forced LeBron to play on the perimeter. If he beats you that way, you just tip your cap and move on.

And I'm sure as hell you are one of them. An ex-cleveland fan who's tired of getting raped by the magic, hugging his bron figurine in tears after each play-off game, whining "Leave Bron alone!" Don't worry dude, you'll get the same taste of that Magic d... come play-off time..

bronh.jpg

Or maybe he is a frustrated Magic fan.

we missed 15!!! free throws and it is not only Dwight who was 3 for 13. Gilbert missed 3 out f 6 and Anderson missed his both attempts. Guys have to really work on their free throws, knowing how Howard is struggling at the line.

Meh...That's just the new SVG talking. The old SVG would've ripped the defense and rebounding apart.

Moral victories? To bad you don't win a ring for that.

You don't win rings in the regular season either.

Um wasn't JJ 1-8 from the field and 0-4 from the line. Some of you act like if he got the ball it was going in.

Also this team needs another big. Dwight should not be playing 48 minutes in a non-playoff game.

JJ with feet set ready to catch or shoot wiiiide open or Ryan with a fading 3? Not saying it was a guarantee just like the chances.

For me though that last few minutes did nothing. I wanna see that during the entire game against good teams.

See the last 4-5 games. It doesn't matter how mediocre shooters tend to be. They seem to be making it on us and that's all that counts.

So that means it will happen all season long and in the playoffs? Really?