Sign in to follow this  
Berto

Official Game Thread: Heat vs Magic

JJ so lonely in that corner... Hedo :chairshot:

But it's this place we're at right now. Playing like crap.

The team needs to focus and keep trying. It can't get any worse and still, in our awfulness, we're way above average.

We'll get them when it matters :gortat:

Exactly. Looking at the final score in this game is VERY misleading. We got outplayed big time.

I wouldn't go that far. We did what you want to do with Lebron, and that's keep him shooting jumpers. We played some great ball with Dwight in the paint in the first half. We couldn't hit open shots until late in the fourth to save our lives. We shot horrible from the line.

Early foul trouble for Anderson hurt, and not having him come off the bench for some solid scoring hurt as well. having to play lineups that we have not used this season at all, due to injury and foul trouble was a little rough, but even Q got into it eventually.

Even if you think Miami let up a little, once we started getting back into it, do you think they still just let us bring it down to the possibility of overtime with 7 seconds left because they were disinterested?

Last, but not least, before people start complaining that SVG took J-Rich out for that final attempt, it's because he couldn't call a time out, so he set up a play for Anderson/Hedo/JJ from the bench and subbed them in while the refs checked the time on the clock. If he had called a time out, I'm sure J-Rich would have been involved and on the floor.

We got back in the game because the open 3's that were not falling earlier in the game fell in the 4th. If you want to complain about the offense needing to be more diverse I would say you have a good arguement, but making Miami out to be some defensive machine when we had open looks isn't accurate.

Now our d wasn't good on rotations and those are the things you can control. Lebron shooting a near perfect game you aren't really going to do much about.

I don't think that law works that way on this game.

We simply got back in the game because they thought it was done with 5 min left. We played a horrible game (besides the last few min) and we lost the game.

Law of averages worked in terms of the team's shooting and the Heat cooling off.

I'm not saying the team played well, they didn't. . . it was almost embarrassing. BUT, why does the Heat get a pass for not giving effort at the end and the Magic get blasted for not showing effort? Both teams were a fault and if the NBA had ties both teams would've paid for it.

I know the Heat stopped caring as much, but the same people that preach the "you gotta play for 48 minutes" crap seem to think it was okay for the Heat not to do it tonight

We simply got back in the game because they thought it was done with 5 min left. We played a horrible game (besides the last few min) and we lost the game.

Exactly. Definitely not the law of averages.

Isn't that what we were when we went to the Finals?

And lost? I think so but we had better defense. We also surprised a lot of teams and the east was weaker. Things are different now. We became less defensive and more predictable on offense to slow down.

Miami never let up. Our team is full of deadly three point shooters that came alive too late in the game. We made a bunch of threes that gave us a shot. Some could say we won't make threes like that normally. But LeBron won't drill jumpers and threes like that normally. Not the game you want, but the world is not over either.

SVG says he wasn't unhappy with how the team played and Miami just hit a lot of jump shots. He said that we got pretty good shots but couldn't convert, and that he took J-Rich out because he didn't know the last play and wanted people familiar in the game. I think he is taking this as a moral victory. Hopefully it is. Btw, I've calmed down a bit.

The playoffs are about Defense and half court basketball, this team as constructed cannot compete for a championship. Facts are facts. I see a 2nd round exit in the playoffs this year. I would love to eat these words but I just don't see it happening unless Boston or Miami has a major injury or something. Dwight is the only player that plays defense and he can't even be agressive because he knows if he gets in foul trouble the Magic have no reliable backup.

Dwight is as good as gone. We were all morons to think this team was ever going to do anything.

Sometimes I wish I was a shameless bandwagon Miami fan.

And I'm sure as hell you are one of them. An ex-cleveland fan who's tired of getting raped by the magic, hugging his bron figurine in tears after each play-off game, whining "Leave Bron alone!" Don't worry dude, you'll get the same taste of that Magic d... come play-off time..

bronh.jpg