Sign in to follow this  
Berto

Official Game Thread: Heat vs Magic

Forget the trade factor, he couldn't have been crafty enough to free enough cap space to sign one max player? Everyone knew what the free agent class would consist of. Well thats neither here or there now, we are where we are, fighting for 4th place in the east.

It's not Miami relaxing, it's a case of us getting hot from three a little too late.

I still can't believe Ryan effin' Anderson took the last shot. That pisses me off more than the actual loss.

I'd usually say, "Oh, LeBron had 51 and we still had a chance to win," but no. We were getting blown out and then the Heat let their guard down and we just started our barrage of threes. The comeback means nothing, the way we were getting pummeled for the majority of the game means a lot.

Hopefully this team gets their sh*t together, but I've been saying this for about a month now and it seems to be getting worse. Our defense will not get better unless we have personnel changes.

So you think that they're just willingly being dumb for what seems two times (with the one in between being a win), or maybe they're forced to hit those shots because they're either open, or can't pass over the perimeter defense?

I dunno, but I might tend to think it's the opposing team's defense more than 5 or 6 guys just being dumb when they've played together for years (most of them, anyway).

You can't be willingly dumb. . .

Exactly. Looking at the final score in this game is VERY misleading. We got outplayed big time.

It evened out. Magic played with no effort for most of the game, Miami didn't give much effort in the fourth. Magic missed a bunch of shots all game, made some ridiculous ones in the 4th. 10 seconds left and a 3pt deficit.

law of averages works in mysterious. . . err pretty obvious ways

and although that game was almost over, I'm actually very glad the Magic did what they did. I'd have to think that going from getting blown out at home to at least fighting back making it a one possession game might not be as demoralizing mentally. I'm not a big fan of "moral victories" but hopefully those last few minutes help the team mentally as opposed to giving up and getting blown out and starting to blame everything and everyone

It's not Miami relaxing, it's a case of us getting hot from three a little too late.

I still can't believe Ryan effin' Anderson took the last shot. That pisses me off more than the actual loss.

I'm ok with Ryan taking a last shot, but that shot was horrible. We had 10 second left to take it. he didn't need to force it

Dwight's FTs Tonight:

3/13

dry.gif

free throw shooting killed us tonight.. Dwight missing those free throws at the end of the 3rd is what sucked the wind completely out of the arena and really helped Miami get all the momentum.. Ryan and Gil also missed free throws tonight.. We left 15 points at the line and lost by 4..

I'd usually say, "Oh, LeBron had 51 and we still had a chance to win," but no. We were getting blown out and then the Heat let their guard down and we just started our barrage of threes. The comeback means nothing, the way we were getting pummeled for the majority of the game means a lot.

Hopefully this team gets their sh*t together, but I've been saying this for about a month now and it seems to be getting worse. Our defense will not get better unless we have personnel changes.

Yeah you should stop telling yourself that. We are who we are. Dwight and a bunch of 3 point shooters. Nothing more. Nothing less.

You can't be willingly dumb. . .

It evened out. Magic played with no effort for most of the game, Miami didn't give much effort in the fourth. Magic missed a bunch of shots all game, made some ridiculous ones in the 4th. 10 seconds left and a 3pt deficit.

law of averages works in mysterious. . . err pretty obvious ways

and although that game was almost over, I'm actually very glad the Magic did what they did. I'd have to think that going from getting blown out at home to at least fighting back making it a one possession game might not be as demoralizing mentally. I'm not a big fan of "moral victories" but hopefully those last few minutes help the team mentally as opposed to giving up and getting blown out and starting to blame everything and everyone

I don't think that law works that way on this game.

We simply got back in the game because they thought it was done with 5 min left. We played a horrible game (besides the last few min) and we lost the game.

Yeah you should stop telling yourself that. We are who we are. Dwight and a bunch of 3 point shooters. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Isn't that what we were when we went to the Finals?