Sign in to follow this  
Trey Time

Brandon Bass' Jungle Diet

Your body does not know if the glucose you have introduced is from fruit, stevia, cane sugar, sucralose, fructose, sweet & low or etc., sugar in the bloodstream is sugar in the bloodstream.

Well, this is not entirely true. It is believed that unlike glucose-insulin regulation in your body all fructose is sent to liver. Your liver can process only certain amount of fructose at a time. If this amount is exceeded your body starts making fats from the fructose and sends them into your veins as triglyceride, which is the main substance of vegetable oil and animal fats. High levels of triglycerides can cause hardening of the arteries, heart disease or stroke which is quite a BAD thing for your body. So not every sugar is processed the same.

I am neither a doctor nor an expert. Just sayin'.

• Upvote 1

the body is regulated by two hormones, insulin and glucagon. Insulin is a hormone that tells the body to store and glucagon is a hormone that tells the body to move. The two cannot exists in the body at the same time. When glucose (sugar) is introduced into the body, insulin is produced and your system immediately begins the storage process. Your body does not know if the glucose you have introduced is from fruit, stevia, cane sugar, sucralose, fructose, sweet & low or etc., sugar in the bloodstream is sugar in the bloodstream.

what were you saying?

Except every food/sugar has a different glycemic index. Way to be stuck in 1970s nutrition.

Except every food/sugar has a different glycemic index. Way to be stuck in 1970s nutrition.

Probably what he meant was that, once it's broken down into it;s basic block, it's pretty much the same. Getting it there, however, is a different story. It's kind of funny when you realize that your body can convert bread into usable sugar faster than most store bought ice cream.

I don't really see how a diet high in fructose could be healthy for you, but then again I consider insulin resistance, diabetes, obesity, heart disease, and adiposity to be unhealthy, so maybe it's just me.

I don't really see how a diet high in fructose could be healthy for you, but then again I consider insulin resistance, diabetes, obesity, heart disease, and adiposity to be unhealthy, so maybe it's just me.

For fructose to be unhealthy for you, you would have to eat more than 50 grams a day wich is something like 2.7kg of bananas, wich would be 339 grams of carbs. Eventually the most important things you need to watch are protein intake, fat intake (make sure you get ENOUGH) and total calorie intake. After the protein and fat intake you just fill the rest with carbs.

For fructose to be unhealthy for you, you would have to eat more than 50 grams a day wich is something like 2.7kg of bananas, wich would be 339 grams of carbs. Eventually the most important things you need to watch are protein intake, fat intake (make sure you get ENOUGH) and total calorie intake. After the protein and fat intake you just fill the rest with carbs.

Perhaps, but several studies have shown that people using high fructose diets versus diets high in glucose do indeed suffer from more adverse physiological effects. It's unlikely that they've eliminated all other sources of error, of course, but the findings are still relevant.

Perhaps, but several studies have shown that people using high fructose diets versus diets high in glucose do indeed suffer from more adverse physiological effects. It's unlikely that they've eliminated all other sources of error, of course, but the findings are still relevant.

Of course that depends on the definition of "high" but in my opinion if you are ingesting over 300g (be it glucose or fructose) of carbs a day you should be participating in high intensity activity, working out in the gym wont cut it since resistance work doesn't really deplete the muscle glycogen, to get the full use of them all.

What are you trying to accomplish? That's the important question.

Just eating berries and fruit and nothing else is not healthy. You need a "balanced" diet. You also want to eat organic produce. The nutritional value is much higher.

Getting protein just from shakes isn't wise. Your missing out on other nutrients that natural sources of protein contain and more then likely your protein powder supplement is putting unecessary and harmful things into your body. There are very few that are really healthy. VERY few.

Nutrition is 80% but you need exercise. Exercise is the true fountain of youth if done properly.

Well, there must be a reason why Weight Watcher's would have 0 points listed for all fruits. I've also upped the ante a bit. For dinner I had a half rotisserie chicken (no skin). During the day though I had fruit. I'm honestly not starving during the day, I'll keep you guys posted.