Sign in to follow this  
Air Gordon

Serious question

I was always supporting Otis, even when he signed Lewis to that ridiculous deal-the reason was because he got rid off Steve Francis contract...

But now he got us Gilbert Arenas with a much worser deal! We gave them Rashard Lewis who plays really well for Wizards and got Gilbert who has 30!!! more millions on his deal and more years...how terrible is that?!

Once again I think we should have kept Lewis and not deal for Arenas, he brings nothing, absolutely nothing, Rashard could be 10 times better off the bench...

Why again did we trade Lewis for Arenas? I love the trade to get Turk and J-Rich, but that Arenas trade was just Otis using his heart instead of his brain. I mean, clearly Arenas is a better backup than Duhon. That goes without saying (yet I still said it) but I'd put up with Duhon for 15 minutes a game if we could have Lewis instead of Arenas.

Lewis the player is not better than Arenas and that's saying something. Arenas as a back up is more productive than Duhon so he actually brings something to the team, Shard, not so much. Lewis the contract on the other hand would have been the better choice for us.

I get what you are saying, but other people have to be involved. We don't want to become the Cleveland Cavaliers of old with everyone watching Dwight. They gave him the ball a ton and he delivered with 40 points. I think that's only the 3rd time in his career he's scored 40 points. My bigger issue with the team was why they didn't attack the basket more. Shots weren't falling but nobody ever got agressive and took it to the hole. Who is gonna block their shot? 38 year old Kurt Thomas? Asik? Boozer? Seriously?

I agree to a certain extent. However, at the end of the 3rd, the team should've basically come to terms they weren't going to make any shots and fed Dwight for the rest of the game. He only started getting the ball around the 5 min mark of the fourth. Hell, if the team is already down 10+ in the fourth, and the opposing team has two bigs with 4+ fouls, keep giving the ball to Dwight until he fouls them both/they start doubling, which leads to open shots. He was having a great night from the FT line and from the field. . . sometimes you have to come to terms that shots aren't falling and continue to feed the hot hand.

Lewis the player is not better than Arenas and that's saying something. Arenas as a back up is more productive than Duhon so he actually brings something to the team, Shard, not so much. Lewis the contract on the other hand would have been the better choice for us.

you have no idea how much i've missed Lewis' rotations and deference to Dwight

Why again did we trade Lewis for Arenas? I love the trade to get Turk and J-Rich, but that Arenas trade was just Otis using his heart instead of his brain. I mean, clearly Arenas is a better backup than Duhon. That goes without saying (yet I still said it) but I'd put up with Duhon for 15 minutes a game if we could have Lewis instead of Arenas.

i dunno, I'd rather have Anderson and Bass playing well and Arenas (who could go off for 30 in an important game later on) than Lewis and Duhon.

Don't forget if we didn't trade Shard, Ryan would still most likely be getting cosy next to Malik Allen on the bench.. Opening up playing time for Ryan was the best part of the Shard trade..

Anyone have a list of the people that wanted Gilbert to get more mins than Jameer or wanted Jameer traded? Just curious as to who we will not hear from again till the next loss when Jameer actually plays.

i dunno, I'd rather have Anderson and Bass playing well and Arenas (who could go off for 30 in an important game later on) than Lewis and Duhon.

Perhaps I'm overreacting, but I guess we'll find out Arenas true worth come playoff time.

you have no idea how much i've missed Lewis' rotations and deference to Dwight

Rotations were good, he was just SOOOOOO passive. It was like we were playing 4 on 5 on offense. Bass makes me face palm about 15 times a game but I'll take all of that to get Ryan on the court. I think he will get better at team d as the season goes on.

I get what you are saying, but other people have to be involved. We don't want to become the Cleveland Cavaliers of old with everyone watching Dwight. They gave him the ball a ton and he delivered with 40 points. I think that's only the 3rd time in his career he's scored 40 points. My bigger issue with the team was why they didn't attack the basket more. Shots weren't falling but nobody ever got agressive and took it to the hole. Who is gonna block their shot? 38 year old Kurt Thomas? Asik? Boozer? Seriously?

I don't want to see Ryan Anderson take a three every time he touches the ball. I don't want Arenas taking long 2s. I don't want Hedo in a uniform. We should play inside out, not the other way around. The game plan should always be, get Dwight going early, therefore making offense easier for everyone else. It's awful watching this team get into a "let's see who can take the worst shot" contest with each other.

Getting Dwight the ball isn't the same as four bad players watching Lebron play one on five for 48 minutes. This team is specifically built around Dwight's skill set - him not getting the ball to score, and to set up others, is detrimental to the team. When he plays like he did tonight, we shouldn't lose.

And to your point about attacking the basket, I've been saying for years that there should be constant movement with players cutting to the basket, but it just doesn't happen. Dwight's actually a good passer, we just rather stand at the three point line instead of getting easy baskets.

I just want the ball in the hands of the best player.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Anyone have a list of the people that wanted Gilbert to get more mins than Jameer or wanted Jameer traded? Just curious as to who we will not hear from again till the next loss when Jameer actually plays.

The ones that specifically stand out are BJ and TMF, but I'm sure there's a few more.. wouldn't be surprised to see a thread or comment about how injury prone Jameer Nelson is.. they could even go to the questioning his "sore knee" ala Jay Cutler..

And I just want to clarify, I don't hate Gil, and I don't think he should be benched or anything, I actually like what he brings to the team from a few stand points.. This is a more + Jameer than a - Arenas thread

ball junkie and TMF are the only ones I can think of.

Agreed. Don't miss Shard. Bass/Anderson have been more productive than Lewis. But I'd rather have Shard's contract than Gilbert's.