Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Weakest Position on Team?

Huh? CP3/DWill? Your loyalty towards Jameer is starting to cloud my appreciation of your knowledge of the game.

No-no, hahaha, I meant the team would be much better replacing Hedo with LeBron than replacing Nelson with CP3/DWill

Obviously those two over Jameer would be a huge upgrade and make the team better, even if it meant Hedo wouldn't be as effective.

Got it, Soul Bro. . . I thought you were just talking about how incredible the team would be replacing Jameer with the best PGs in the league for the hell of it. . .

No-no, hahaha, I meant the team would be much better replacing Hedo with LeBron than replacing Nelson with CP3/DWill

Obviously those two over Jameer would be a huge upgrade and make the team better, even if it meant Hedo wouldn't be as effective.

Got it, Soul Bro. . . I thought you were just talking about how incredible the team would be replacing Jameer with the best PGs in the league for the hell of it. . .

OK. I was afraid that Jameer had some compromising pics of you and stuffed animal there for awhile. Lebron would be an upgrade to Hedo, but I would have a difficult time cheering for that dude. I'd probably get over it after we won 30 in a row, though.

I actually brought up the thought of analyzing it from that perspective, with the intent that, once that part of the discussion sort of died down, I would list a couple guys who are average at their position (according to PER) as possible replacements to gauge their impact. Just as a different way to approach the original topic.

Nelson read this thread before the game and wanted you to see what this team would look like without him...

lol, which one of you wished that? I saw someone say it, when I find them I'm going to ban them.

As of today, due to my creative powers over this thread, I've decided the weakest position on this team is a tie between PG and SF. Yes, we have depth at PG: Mighty Mouse and the artist formerly known as Agent Zero. However, opposing starting PGs average 43.5 points and 18 assists against us. Meanwhile, we have the gifted duo of Turkoglue and Turkoflu holding down the SF position, and we never quite know what they will produce.

As of today, due to my creative powers over this thread, I've decided the weakest position on this team is a tie between PG and SF. Yes, we have depth at PG: Mighty Mouse and the artist formerly known as Agent Zero. However, opposing starting PGs average 43.5 points and 18 assists against us. Meanwhile, we have the gifted duo of Turkoglue and Turkoflu holding down the SF position, and we never quite know what they will produce.

Does this mean if Otis finds upgrades in these positions Magic will become a better team? I still don't think so.

Does this mean if Otis finds upgrades in these positions Magic will become a better team? I still don't think so.

Depends what you mean by "upgrades." Still I don't see Nelson, Arenas or Turk going anywhere.

Weakest position on the team is backup center. We simply don't have any sort of defensive presence in the paint when Dwight goes out, and teams drive at will. For as good as Ryan has been playing, he's not a banger/defensive stopper. He spread the floor on offense, is deadly from beyond the arc, and can drive occasionally on offense. He rebounds well, and hustles. But defensively, he can't stop anyone. I don't blame him, it's not his game. I'm sure if he could wake up one day and be a beast of a defender, he would.

That is our most glaring weakness right now. I think SVG even hinted at it last night more or less when he talked about Bass possibly being out and not having many bigs on the roster. Malik Allen is a vet in the line of last years Foyle. A "Break the glass after you break this glass" emergency big. Earl Clark isn't a "big". He's a tall small forward who still is raw.

Easier said than done, but we need a big who can come in and alter shots at the very least. Be some sort of inside presence.