Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: MAGIC AT ROCKETS SAT. 1/22

gamethreadbanner.jpg

MAGIC @ ROCKETS

When: Saturday, January 22, 2011

Where: Houston, Tx

Time: 8:30 P.M. EST

TV Coverage: Sunsports / NBA League Pass (Including Broadband)

rocketstoyotacentercrop.jpgr]

MAGIC-ROCKETS PREVIEW

ESPN.com

A dominant home team, the Orlando Magic have been very ordinary on the road.

They'll look to avoid a fourth loss in five road games and win their fourth straight overall against the Houston Rockets on Saturday night.

Behind another impressive performance from Dwight Howard, Orlando (28-15) rolled past lowly Toronto 112-72 on Friday for its eighth straight home victory. Howard had 31 points and 19 rebounds despite spending the entire fourth quarter on the bench. He is averaging 27.4 points and 13.2 boards in his last five games.

"Sometimes it looks like he's playing against high school kids out there," Ryan Anderson said of Howard. "Actually, all the time it looks like he's playing against high school kids."

Despite scoring 30 points on 11-of-11 shooting in Orlando's 110-92 win in Houston on Feb. 24, Howard is averaging only 14.2 points -- his lowest mark against any opponent -- in 13 games versus the Rockets, scoring more than 20 just twice.

Things, however, could turn out differently this time around against a Houston team which allowed a season-worst 72 points in the paint Friday in a 115-110 loss at Memphis.

Anderson, too, continued his hot play, making 4 of 9 from 3-point range en route to a career high-tying 21 points.

He has scored in double figures in a career-best eight straight games, starting with a 16-point performance in a 110-95 win Jan. 7 over the Rockets. He is shooting 47.4 percent from long range while averaging 16.0 points over that span.

Orlando's 72 points allowed matched an opponent season low, and coach Stan Van Gundy was pleased with his team's latest effort.

"It was nice to have one like that after having a lot of close games in a row," he said. "Now we have to go back on the road and play better than we did the last couple games on the road."

Orlando lost three times by a total of seven points on its recent five-game road trip -- allowing 108.7 points in the defeats -- before escaping with a 99-98 overtime win against visiting Philadelphia on Wednesday.

The Magic, who are 1-5 on the road when surrendering at least 100 points, have alternated wins and losses in their last six games in Houston, but have taken the last three overall meetings by an average of 16.0 points.

Despite a nine-point halftime lead, the Rockets (20-24) had their three-game winning streak snapped in Memphis.

After holding teams to 86.5 points over its previous two games, Houston struggled defensively over the final 24 minutes, allowing the Grizzlies to shoot 54.5 percent from the floor.

"We couldn't stop a nosebleed tonight," Shane Battier said. "We knew if we were up 10 that if we could get the game to 14 to 15, then we could have knocked it out. But we just could not deliver the knockout, and they clawed back into the game."

Kevin Martin, who leads the team with 23.4 points per game, scored 32 while making 4 of 6 from beyond the arc. He had 27 points in the last meeting with Orlando.

The Rockets have allowed 107.3 points during their three-game skid versus Orlando. They are 3-8 at home when allowing more than 100 points.

I dont know if it is me but when Truemagicfan makes a game thread, Magic cant lose. And it s been like this for years.

I trust you Truemagicfan. . Very nice threads and great vibe. . If we go to the finals I hope you are the only one to make game threads.

I dont know if it is me but when Truemagicfan makes a game thread, Magic cant lose. And it s been like this for years.

I trust you Truemagicfan. . Very nice threads and great vibe. . If we go to the finals I hope you are the only one to make game threads.

Thanks, Ballclub.

I just ate their wings and they were nasty as hell, like rubber, yuck

Not that their pizza's any better, but when you buy wings from a chain pizza store, you get what you get ya know

Not that their pizza's any better, but when you buy wings from a chain pizza store, you get what you get ya know

Their pizza is below average everywhere but at the arena....at the arena their pizza is flat out horrible!

Their pizza is below average everywhere but at the arena....at the arena their pizza is flat out horrible!

So was it 120 for a free pizza or something? It used to be 110, not sure what it is now. They got 118, so bummer if its 120...