Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Stein: Magic interested in T. Murphy if bought out by G.S.

I'd rather have Murphy than no one. If the dude continues to suck SVG is simply bench him.

If we get Murphy, Bass may be able to have his surgery.

Our frontcourt rotation will get interesting if we grab Troy. Hedo, Anderson, Murphy, Bass, and of course Howard. I wonder who the odd man out would be.

Nobody.

Hedo plays the 3 and comes and spells the 4 OCCASIONALLY. Usually due to matchups. Bass starts and Ryan subs in for Bass. When Dwight goes out Ryan slides to the 4 and Bass plays the 5.

If we sign Murph or a player capable of getting minutes then they would most likely sub in for Dwight allowing Ryan and Bass to share the minutes at the 4, with either of them occasionally sliding to the 5 still.

Troy_Murphy2.jpg

LOOK OUT JJ! YOU MAY BECOME THE GUY WITH THE 2ND NICEST HAIR ON THE TEAM

OHHHHH THE DRAMA!

Troy_Murphy2.jpg

LOOK OUT JJ! YOU MAY BECOME THE GUY WITH THE 2ND NICEST HAIR ON THE TEAM

OHHHHH THE DRAMA!

Are you trying to say that Hedo doesn't have nice hair

hedo-turkoglu-kings.jpg

• Upvote 1

Paul in Gainesville, Fla.:

Alex, Marc Stein says the Magic are interested in Troy Murphy if he is bought out. Could you elaborate on anthing you know pertaining to this ?

Alex Kennedy:

If Troy Murphy is bought out, the Magic would most definitely be interested. That solves their problem because they get the productive big man that they've been looking for but haven't had the trade chips to acquire. But will Murphy take a buyout? I don't think so. If he agrees to have his contract bought out, he'll be taking less money and I simply can't see him doing that with the lockout and new CBA looming. He has asked to be traded, and the Nets are working the phones, so a buyout would be his last resort to get out of New Jersey. The way it was described to me was that Avery Johnson and Murphy have butted heads all year and basically the Nets excused him because he was simply becoming a distraction and getting on everyone's nerves. He would be a great fit in Orlando, but getting him here would be tough unless, for some reason, a buyout occurs.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=1394

Paul in Gainesville, Fla.:

Alex, Marc Stein says the Magic are interested in Troy Murphy if he is bought out. Could you elaborate on anthing you know pertaining to this ?

Alex Kennedy:

If Troy Murphy is bought out, the Magic would most definitely be interested. That solves their problem because they get the productive big man that they've been looking for but haven't had the trade chips to acquire. But will Murphy take a buyout? I don't think so. If he agrees to have his contract bought out, he'll be taking less money and I simply can't see him doing that with the lockout and new CBA looming. He has asked to be traded, and the Nets are working the phones, so a buyout would be his last resort to get out of New Jersey. The way it was described to me was that Avery Johnson and Murphy have butted heads all year and basically the Nets excused him because he was simply becoming a distraction and getting on everyone's nerves. He would be a great fit in Orlando, but getting him here would be tough unless, for some reason, a buyout occurs.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=1394

Any team that trades for him will most likely be doing it as a salary dump. I think he still gets bought out.

Nobody.

Hedo plays the 3 and comes and spells the 4 OCCASIONALLY. Usually due to matchups. Bass starts and Ryan subs in for Bass. When Dwight goes out Ryan slides to the 4 and Bass plays the 5.

If we sign Murph or a player capable of getting minutes then they would most likely sub in for Dwight allowing Ryan and Bass to share the minutes at the 4, with either of them occasionally sliding to the 5 still.

hmm..so just reduced minutes for all of the above.

I think that's the best scenario if we sign Murphy, but I hope everyone who takes a hit in playing time responds positively to the situation. "Competition" between players at the same position is a great problem to have, I just hope egos don't collide. I guess it adds incentive to the players to give 100% every time they check in -- if you play well, you stay on the floor.