Sign in to follow this  
~O~

"Enough is Enough"

“This isn’t a knock on anybody, but Hakeem has gotten more credit for two hours than anybody I’ve ever seen. I mean, they were in a gym for two hours, three hours, and all of a sudden every shot Dwight makes is because of Hakeem … There is not anybody alive who’s turning somebody’s game around in three hours. Dwight’s done a lot of work and I’m sure Hakeem gave him some advice, but that’s just starting to annoy me.”

Stan Van Gundy, putting on his fussy britches after Dwight Howard had 28 points on 9-16 from the field in Orlando’s win over Milwaukee on Wednesday, their seventh straight victory.

Enough is Enough

EDITING-

Enough has been enough as far as I'm concerned. Stan Van Gundy has been mocked by the media and portrayed as some type of ranting harlequin. He openly stood by Dwight's complaining and took the 35K fine with no regrets. Now it seems he's the target of the NBA.

I'm glad that he stood up for Howard and commended him for "his" hard work rather than let the media continue their opera.

• Upvote 3

Anyone with a brain knows all the credit goes to Geert Hammink and Popeye Jones. Also, to be fair, Derek Strong put in 27 minutes with Dwight.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ithink what Stan is trying to say is that Dwight has put a lot of work into his game and it was not a 2 day practice with Hakeem that made him more efficient, especially offensively.

tell em svg

August 2009 - http://yfrog.com/7hh16z

practice does not = actual game

Just saying that he's had that shot. The only real difference now is that he's willing to take it.

He even said before that he was too worried about his statistics and percentages to take those shots before. And the same goes for his blocks and rebounds. He is more conscious of his role on the team and not what the stat sheet says.

Agree completely with SVG and it is pretty ridiculous. . . on so many levels. Hakeem did, at most, break Dwight's mental barrier (or at least attempt to). If anything, he should be commended for being an excellent psychiatrist

Agree completely with SVG and it is pretty ridiculous. . . on so many levels. Hakeem did, at most, break Dwight's mental barrier (or at least attempt to). If anything, he should be commended for being an excellent psychiatrist

Agreed!