Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Lebron: "We call ourselves the Heatles."

There are variables that factor in for both sides, like the fact that Miami would have put together a better team this season than last regardless of Lebron, so their numbers would have increased without him. Anywhere LeBron went would have been at max capacity for road games, so it doesn't really need to include any factors such as "What if LeBron went here or there". Orlando has capacity for more tickets this season compared to last, so that's in the current years favor as well.

Overall, for a simple analysis, there is no reason take all of these factors into account. You do the simply analysis to get a picture of what is going on. We are submitting a report to the stock holders, or the tax payers, or preping anything for an audit. It's a simple terms way to look at the situation. If I worked for the NBA, and they wanted to see real numbers impact, then I would take more things into consideration. There is nothing wrong with the analysis as posted.

Looking at last season, Miami was ranked 4th in road attendance, averaging 18,040 tickets on the road, compared to 18,936 this season, which is an 896 ticket differential in favor of this season. The Raptors averaged 16,466 last season compared to 16,891 this season, which is a 425 ticket differential in favor of last season (remarkably, I guess no one liked Bosh). Cleveland was 2nd in road ticket sales with an average of 19,200 last seasons, compared to their dead-last rank this season, averaging 14,848.

What makes the analysis skewed is that Miami was already a hot ticket last season. So you had two teams (Cleveland and Miami) ranked in the top 5 for road ticket sales…and then Toronto. This season, only Miami cracks the top 15, so understandably, the number of tickets sold between the three teams combined is fewer this season than last season. Minor factors like Orlando’s capacity cannot offset massive shifts like Cleveland's. Regardless, I don’t know what the collective sum of tickets featuring CLE/MIA/TOR has to do with Miami’s individual road ticket sales. If I’m completely misinterpreting/misunderstanding your post, please let me know, because I very well may be.

In other news, I desperately need to find something to do.

Your reasoning is exactly what I am talking about. LeBron is touting Miami's ability to sell out on the road, and pointing to how popular his teaming up with Wade and Bosh is across the league.

What I am pointing out is that Lebron was already selling out with Cleveland. Miami was a top ranked team with Wade on the squad, and Bosh should have had SOME star power of his own (but apparently did not). The sell outs should be no surprise for LeBron, and nothing new, and not only that, they also have a negative impact in overall ticket sales between the three teams when compared to last year.

I mentioned this impact over the summer to some people, so I took this opportunity to actually look at the ticket sales in comparison to last season and see just how big of an impact this is making.

Whatever, Echo. Just let it be. Yesterday was just another day in the life. Somewhere across the universe, people will come together, and then you'll understand that all you need is love.

Your comment just seems like a cry for Help!

Take it or leave it, but tell me, am I wrong? You want to start me up, and that's your biggest mistake. Little by little, you will stop breaking down my post and realize you actually agree with me. Time is on my side, and I'm sure this won't be the last time, so until you are ready to be a street fightin' man, instead of a mannish boy, please go home.

Whoa, you're being hard on me, but I won't back down. Your argument is free fallin', but that's largely a product of learning to fly. Don't do me like that, man. You don't know how it feels. It's time to move on.

You can't go from the Beatles, to the Stones (arguable two of the greatest bands ever), to Tom Petty. Fail.

But, I love me some Tom Petty. No homo.

Well, Petty is arguably one of the top three members of the Heartbreakers, so he's prestigious enough, thank you very much.

Also, you can't go from a clever, back-and-forth musical dispute to no homo. Fail.

I'm sure you think no homo bothers me, but it doesn't. In fact, I could care less.

You can't go from the Beatles, to the Stones (arguable two of the greatest bands ever), to Tom Petty. Fail.

But, I love me some Tom Petty. No homo.

You may be right, but we're movin' out, past Leningrad, to the river of dreams, where we can meet with my uptown girl, because she's always a woman to me.

We didn't start the fire.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Hey now, stop making sense big daddy. Is there no compassion here? The good thing is we can all stay up late and watch the magic on the television man. The trades gives people like us a new feeling. It's not a perfect world, but on paper we might have a once in a lifetime chance at the championship. The good thing is, if our boys can stay hungry, Orlando can become the city of dreams.