Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Lebron: "We call ourselves the Heatles."

He's an idiot. As I pointed out to some friends back when this all started, he's actually hurting the league from an attendence stand point.

Last season, Cleveland sould out on road just like Miami is doing now. Miami was also a big draw because of Wade. Well, now you combined them into one team, and they can't spread that draw out over both Cleveland and Miami, so now Miami is sold out on the road, and no one wants to go to a Cleveland game. It's a net loss. Add in the draw of Bosh with Toronto and it gets even worse.

It does help the scalpers though, beause tickets to Miami games become that muc more of a "must have" and the prices can go through the roof.

Just because I'm bored...

Looking only at average attendance numbers between the three teams (Toronto, Cleveland, and Miami), and comparing last year to this year, when all is said and done, there will be a total of 41,400 fewer tickets sold to road games to see these teams play this season compared to last. Way to go, Heatles!

Al Davis makes better decisions than LeBron.

Al Davis has been making bad decisions for almost 20 years. Lebron has made some dumb choices, but Al Davis has him beat for the next 10 years, at the very least.

Just because I'm bored...

Looking only at average attendance numbers between the three teams (Toronto, Cleveland, and Miami), and comparing last year to this year, when all is said and done, there will be a total of 41,400 fewer tickets sold to road games to see these teams play this season compared to last. Way to go, Heatles!

I know you only meant it as a brief tidbit, but there are far too many variables to be considered for within those numbers.

I know you only meant it as a brief tidbit, but there are far too many variables to be considered for within those numbers.

There are variables that factor in for both sides, like the fact that Miami would have put together a better team this season than last regardless of Lebron, so their numbers would have increased without him. Anywhere LeBron went would have been at max capacity for road games, so it doesn't really need to include any factors such as "What if LeBron went here or there". Orlando has capacity for more tickets this season compared to last, so that's in the current years favor as well.

Overall, for a simple analysis, there is no reason take all of these factors into account. You do the simply analysis to get a picture of what is going on. We are submitting a report to the stock holders, or the tax payers, or preping anything for an audit. It's a simple terms way to look at the situation. If I worked for the NBA, and they wanted to see real numbers impact, then I would take more things into consideration. There is nothing wrong with the analysis as posted.