Sign in to follow this  
AddiFB

Questions for Orlando residents

One small question..

Where should I go to check out some laptops? My current laptop is slow, overheats and is annoying. Need an upgrade.

One small question..

Where should I go to check out some laptops? My current laptop is slow, overheats and is annoying. Need an upgrade.

A store.

I'm not following here. Are you coming to Orlando to shop? Shop online man.

Dear Charetch Cutesnorkle

If I shop-a-lap online, I'll have to pay customs and shipping... Customs here for electronics are sigh-worthy.

I was thinking about checking out some laptops while I was there.

Oh and... does anyone know if Jareth is really real? I bet he's a bot.

He's real and he looks like Ryan Anderson's slightly out of shape brother

He's real and he looks like Ryan Anderson's slightly out of shape brother

So he's Jim Belushi?

Ok guys..

I'm gonna turn 30 next February, on the 17th to be exact. Michael Jordan and I both cut cakes on that day. Paris Hilton too, hmm.. So I decided to spend some dough and bought myself and my fam a trip to Orlando... oh and some tix to some Magic games. No big games, just the Wiz (SHARD!) and Sactown (eh).. All I care about is finally going to Orlando and see the Magic play at home.

Took twenty years of dreaming and failed attempts, but I'm coming. Finally. Will be in O-town for 2 weeks.

Cool thing is, at the Wiz game on the 16th... game starts at 7, and since Iceland is 5 hours ahead... I'll turn 30 at tip-off! Ding ding ding release the balloons! I'm expecting Dwight to sing me the birthday song and SVG to run up the stairs with a huge cake. Basic stuff.

Ah, yes... Questions.

1. Are taxis expensive there or should I go on with my plan on renting a car? Going about in a taxi vs. rental?

Rent a car. Remember cars are left hand drive here and we drive on the right.

2. Is there a Best Buy store at the arrival terminal at Sanford airport? Thinking about buying a GPS gizmothing in the States, so if I'm renting a car, the gizmo might come in handy from day one.

Yes there is one on Rinehart drive, I want to say it is the last exit on Highway(I-417 northbound). You can however rent a car with GPS for a minimal amount.

3. What places do you recommend checking out? Fam wants to see Universal Studios, Disney, Florida Mall, Mall at Millenia. All I'm focused on is that thing with the big ol' scoreboard, House of Stuff.

The Premium Outlets Mall on International Drive, and International Drive itself has a bunch of stuff to occupy your day. That weekend you can get a chance to attend Daytona 500(Equivalent of Formula 1/Grand Prix in the UK) and also Daytona Beach is one of the world's most famous beach. Daytona is about 50 miles (80 kilometers) away from Orlando.

4. What kind of weather can I expect in February?

Better than Iceland. +/- 75 degrees F.(+/- 24 degrees C)

5. Are there some chunky spiders or some nasty bugs jumping around at that time? I got aracnophobia! :panicworker:

Be adventuruos and figure that one yourself. That is the whole idea of travelling.

6. Am I in danger of running into Jareth Cutestory at Disney and having this awkward conversation about something I don't understand?

There is a lot more stuff you won't understand by the time you leave Disney.

7. Anything you'd like to point out, advice or other recommendations?

Miami is about 3 to 4 hour drive from Orlando if you decide to skate on the big stage and maybe spy on the Heat.

In advance, thanks!

As a tourist myself this thread will come in handy when I go back in May, thanks ya'll :)

Addi prepare to have one of the best two weeks you will ever have, Orlando is amazing. One thing I would suggest though that doesn't seem to have been mentioned is to visit NBA City if you do go to Universal. It is a bit expensive but all the staff there are helpful and up for trash talk after a few drinks! It's a good experience and also a place to shoot a few hoops after a few beers! It's based between the two parks "Islands of Adventure" & the main Universal one.

If your looking for a laptop I did notice quite a big Apple store in the Florida Mall (thats if your an apple fan!) I'd double check that all the electronics (if you buy any) work in Iceland. I'm not sure on Laptops but I know Xbox's don't play the games I buy here.

Have fun, I'll be envying you come February!

As a tourist myself this thread will come in handy when I go back in May, thanks ya'll :)

Addi prepare to have one of the best two weeks you will ever have, Orlando is amazing. One thing I would suggest though that doesn't seem to have been mentioned is to visit NBA City if you do go to Universal. It is a bit expensive but all the staff there are helpful and up for trash talk after a few drinks! It's a good experience and also a place to shoot a few hoops after a few beers! It's based between the two parks "Islands of Adventure" & the main Universal one.

If your looking for a laptop I did notice quite a big Apple store in the Florida Mall (thats if your an apple fan!) I'd double check that all the electronics (if you buy any) work in Iceland. I'm not sure on Laptops but I know Xbox's don't play the games I buy here.

Have fun, I'll be envying you come February!

That was probably the thing I enjoyed the most in Universal, I found lots of T-Mac old jerseys and other Magic stuff. Too bad my pockets were kinda empty

Ah yes... NBA City... is it only accessible through Universal Studios? So I need to be in Universal ?Same goes for Hard Rock Cafe.

Ah awesome!

Do you think it's necessary to make a reservation or can I just walk in with my possè and just go "Yo, table fo' five"?