Sign in to follow this  
skinnyhoops

Dwight Howards Technical Foul situation getting out of hand?

Well, tonight during the Nets game, Dwight got his 11th technical foul I believe. (please correct me if i'm wrong on the number)

and with 51 games remaining...he's sure to get suspended a few games towards the end of the season or even right after all star break.

question is...do you guys think alot of those techs should be rescinded? If so, what are the chances of rescinded techs considering the "respect for the game" law by the NBA this season? I think this topic deserves a discussion amirite? I just don't feel easy knowing dwight has so many techs this early in the season, especially knowing we're playin' catchup right now in the East standings. jus saying.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

jus saying.

You might as well have replaced that line with "Don't ever take my opinion seriously on anything".

Seriously, it just makes you sound like an imbecile, a 12 year old, or a 12 year old imbecile.

If you have a thread topic you want to start, start it. If your topic is stupid, you'll get blasted for it.

But don't do yourself the disservice of undercutting your own thread with juvenile and stupid slang(especially misspelled juvenile and stupid slang).

And to your topic: Yes, some of them will get rescinded, yes Dwight will probably miss games with suspensions, and no one cares whether or not you feel uneasy.

I think that about covers it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 41

The last two should be rescinded imo. However, Dwight needs to be smarter. I do feel that the refs give him techs faster than they give most other players in the league, but he has to compensate for that and just shut up. I'm sure that if I were in his position I would be whining too, but he really has to work on it.

• Upvote 2

Pretty stupid that they gave him the tech when he was talking to the bench of the opponents. Knowing Dwight he was prolly just joking around and refs just had their serious face on.

I do not think that many of them should be rescind. The rules are the rules and in most cases Dwights actions are valid for a Tech. The one thing I do not like, is other "superstar" players not getting the same application of the rules.

It took Kobe 15 secs of going off his face dropping the F-bomb before he got a tech and that was the play after he had already cursed off a referee. Clearly, of all the "superstar" players, Dwight is the only one that does not get the same treatment as the others.

The Magic seem to have a quick whistle with techs... don't know why. Probably because Dwight is such a whiner. I know Dwight gets the raw end of the deal with the whistle but he has to learn to just play sometimes... chirping at the officials does nothing. Let SVG work them and just do his job.

:svgsad:

• Upvote 1

frustrated or not, right, or wrong dwight needs to be smarter..he is only hurting his team mates when he loses his temper and get's stupid tech's..he also shows how easy it is to get into his head, and that's why the other teams bigs play him rough..they know they can make him lose his cool, and hurt the team..i hoped he would have grown up this year, but he is probably gonna set a record before seasons end..

• Upvote 1

You might as well have replaced that line with "Don't ever take my opinion seriously on anything".

Seriously, it just makes you sound like an imbecile, a 12 year old, or a 12 year old imbecile.

If you have a thread topic you want to start, start it. If your topic is stupid, you'll get blasted for it.

But don't do yourself the disservice of undercutting your own thread with juvenile and stupid slang(especially misspelled juvenile and stupid slang).

And to your topic: Yes, some of them will get rescinded, yes Dwight will probably miss games with suspensions, and no one cares whether or not you feel uneasy.

Dude, what's your deal? Haven't been around these parts much lately, but damn, you're working hard on biggest dick-wad poster this board has seen in my few years around. Guy posts a legit topic on Dwight's T's and you light him up for no reason, then respond to the topic like we need you're opinion. Nice work. Either respond to the topic or keep it to yourself and kick your dog instead.

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 3

.he is only hurting his team mates when he loses his temper and get's stupid tech's.

I wouldn't know what to tell Dwight if I were Stan. No superstar gets T'd up like him, and it's obvious that Dwight is being a bit blackballed by the NBA ref community. The only thing I could think he could do would be to literally never say a word about foul situations. But he'd be the first to try that tactic that I know of.

From Evan Dunlap of PSP :

Also regarding Howard: he picked up his 11th technical foul of the season tonight, as best I can tell for having some words with the Nets' bench during the first quarter following a call that didn't go his way. This is just silly, frankly. He's now five games away from a league-mandated suspension of one game, after which point he'll pick up one suspension for every two technicals he earns for the rest of the regular season. Howard simply has to do a better job picking his battles here. Forgive me for what I'm about to write, but... whatever he absolutely had to say to New Jersey's bench isn't worth having to sit a game later in the season. It's a Monday night in December and he's playing a lottery team. It's silly to get t'd up under such circumstances.

Agree with this assessment.

Also, the 2nd post of this thread has got to be nearing a record for negative votes....

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2010/12/28/1899556/orlando-magic-104-new-jersey-nets-88#storyjump

ebenezer-scrooge.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1