Sign in to follow this  
christophergentry110401

Magic Compensation to the Miami Heat Is????

Its a gamble but I am not so sure its not a good one. Unless we blow it badly over the offseason or they do terrific we do have a shot at a better record even if not its not going to be more than two or three slots (barring a significant long injury). Miami is right now not too far from being a one man team.

quote:
Originally posted by The Dude Abides:

Now this by no means, is official, or anyhting, especially since I cant find it anywhere...

but two seperate guys here in my office.. say the deal was one of our second rounders this year... and a "flip" of first rounders next year..

I asked them if it was conditional... they said no.. I said like a Gamble? he said kinda - from what he says - no matter what happens, we flip picks with them next year in the first round, basically they would be gambling that they will be better than us next year....

I called malarchy on the guy - that sounds ubsurd, but then another dude came in said he heard that too...

like I said, I cant find diddly on it - and it smells like BS, I guess they will tell us later in the day... cause Im not buying these guys story.. especially after I couldnt find it where they said they heard it from.

I would love to swap picks with them next year. I think it would make the season even more interesting. A little wager always spices things up a bit!

quote:
Originally posted by The Dude Abides:

Now this by no means, is official, or anyhting, especially since I cant find it anywhere...

but two seperate guys here in my office.. say the deal was one of our second rounders this year... and a "flip" of first rounders next year..

I asked them if it was conditional... they said no.. I said like a Gamble? he said kinda - from what he says - no matter what happens, we flip picks with them next year in the first round, basically they would be gambling that they will be better than us next year....

I called malarchy on the guy - that sounds ubsurd, but then another dude came in said he heard that too...

like I said, I cant find diddly on it - and it smells like BS, I guess they will tell us later in the day... cause Im not buying these guys story.. especially after I couldnt find it where they said they heard it from.

I heard the same thing about swapping picks. I'm hoping it's just a 2nd rounder, but am so happy with this pick I wouldn't mind the pick swap.

If the swap is true - I dont mind it all, Like others said, gives us even more incentives this season, we best their record, yet will still get a higher pick - that is if we best their record, and I really think they are goin to pull up lame again next year

Unless the Heat can somehow do a massive overhaul of their team (which I don't see how) their team is going to be ancient. An already very old team is gonna be even older. They will be lucky to make it through the regular season with most of their players somewhat healthy. Wade will probably hurt himself again trying to carry them by himself.

I will laugh my *** off if the swapping 1st round picks rumour is true.

Okay just saw it confirmed but its not an automatic swap. They have the option of swapping or getting a second round pick next year. SO otis found away of giving a first round pick while still keeping one. Good wheeling and dealing and I can live with it. Guys turning out to be a SUPERB GM.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicmaninMiami:

Okay just saw it confirmed but its not an automatic swap. They have the option of swapping or getting a second round pick next year. SO otis found away of giving a first round pick while still keeping one. Good wheeling and dealing and I can live with it. Guys turning out to be a SUPERB GM.

So we keep all of our second round picks this year?

OK, I can live with that. It was pretty unlikely that we would have kept all 3 picks anyway. Otis did a good job as always.

Im fine with that. I anticipate us having a better record than Miami next year (with the new coach and free agent). So if that is the case we only give up 2 second round picks in two years.