Sign in to follow this  
flakxd

Defensively Speaking.......

who covers the Lebrons and PPs @ the 3 spot?

and

who will cover the Dwades and Kobes @ the 2 spot?

Pietrus and Barnes tried recently

our current roster makes me think Q-rich is our best bet at slowing lebron/pp @ the SF position, but I could see him possibly being third on the depth chart behind j-rich and hedo. if j-rich starts at the 2 instead of arenas, then that changes things.

what do yall think?

who covers the Lebrons and PPs @ the 3 spot?

and

who will cover the Dwades and Kobes @ the 2 spot?

Pietrus and Barnes tried recently

our current roster makes me think Q-rich is our best bet at slowing lebron/pp @ the SF position, but I could see him possibly being third on the depth chart behind j-rich and hedo. if j-rich starts at the 2 instead of arenas, then that changes things.

what do yall think?

we dont need a defensively stopper. we can out score them and win games

we dont need a defensively stopper. we can out score them and win games

ok, maybe I should've added a disclaimer for "serious posts only"

I'm new to this board, so I hope serious Magic discussion takes place, not silly nonsense

Might get bashed for this, but I think JJ could do okay vs Kobe on the perimeter. Like he mostly does if his opponent drives, he funnels him to Dwight where he eats up shot attempts.

Put Q on LeBron and hope to the gods that he doesn't drop 100. Either get a perimeter defensive stopper *cough* Dooling or go to the zone.

nobody stopping Lebron or Wade anyhow - but you can make them work every possession at both ends of the court. Hedo's length was a factor vs Lebron's before as he usually shoots over most SF's so he'll have a harder time launching jump shots and passing. Hedo as ball handler means Lebron can't roam and if he does Hedo's 3pt shooting and passing will keep him moving all game. Plus we can throw Q Rich at him also while Hedo rests. JRich has never played on a defensively oriented team, but he is fast, athletic and very strong so he has the tools he just has never had to use them - and he is know as a player who plays hard - so I don't see any reason why he can't develop into a decent defender.

Might get bashed for this, but I think JJ could do okay vs Kobe on the perimeter. Like he mostly does if his opponent drives, he funnels him to Dwight where he eats up shot attempts.

Put Q on LeBron and hope to the gods that he doesn't drop 100. Either get a perimeter defensive stopper *cough* Dooling or go to the zone.

We have to hope Bron doesn't drop 100 on Quentin, but JJ on Kobe is "okay"?

Come on, now. We're gonna get lit up by all of them. We can only hope that making them work on the defensive end burns their energy some.

I'm new to this board, so I hope serious Magic discussion takes place, not silly nonsense

you're in for a wild ride. . .

We have to hope Bron doesn't drop 100 on Quentin, but JJ on Kobe is "okay"?

Come on, now. We're gonna get lit up by all of them. We can only hope that making them work on the defensive end burns their energy some.

They both are a different type of player and both play different positions. In size, LeBron could suit up TE for your pro football team. He can get to the rim with force, gets to the line, and can hit the three. Kobe's smaller than Lebron, takes more jumpers and Howard or the nearest defender could alter those shots. He's still going to get his numbers though by getting to the line and being efficient as he can be. I'm just saying we have a better chance of JJ guarding Kobe than Q covering Lebron.

They both are a different type of player and both play different positions. In size, LeBron could suit up TE for your pro football team. He can get to the rim with force, gets to the line, and can hit the three. Kobe's smaller than Lebron, takes more jumpers and Howard or the nearest defender could alter those shots. He's still going to get his numbers though by getting to the line and being as efficient as he can be. I'm just saying we have a better chance of JJ guarding Kobe than Q covering Lebron.

ok, maybe I should've added a disclaimer for "serious posts only"

:tongue:

This is one of my concerns with the recent trades. Last game we played Miami I though MP did a good job of keeping Lebron in front of him. Now there are going to be a lot of people that say those guys are still going to score a lot of points and they are correct but believe it or not it actually matters how these guys score their points. If you are forcing them into jumpers specifically long 2's then you are doing your job on them defensively no matter what they score. We did that against Cleveland in the ECF, Lebron put up huge numbers but he was taking jumpers for the most part not driving and kicking or getting Dwight into foul trouble.

I honestly don't know who does that for us outside of Q and I really don't think he can do that for an entire game.