NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

Jareth,

How do you feel about Cousins?

Guy has all the talent in the world. Can score, board, pass, block. Young, great size. It's all mental with him.

Depending on what we'd give up, he'd be worth the risk to me. I think a few weeks with SVG would straighten him up. SVG would tell him 'Listen, if you don't get your crap together, you won't be in this league". Plus winning atmosphere would probably motivate him more since he's young and and naive. Used to winning at Kentucky, and then dealing with the Kings and their mess.

Guy has all the talent in the world. Can score, board, pass, block. Young, great size. It's all mental with him.

Depending on what we'd give up, he'd be worth the risk to me. I think a few weeks with SVG would straighten him up. SVG would tell him 'Listen, if you don't get your crap together, you won't be in this league". Plus winning atmosphere would probably motivate him more since he's young and and naive. Used to winning at Kentucky, and then dealing with the Kings and their mess.

Do you think a JJ/Anderson/Orton would be enough to pry him from SAC??

Do you think a JJ/Anderson/Orton would be enough to pry him from SAC??

Well, for one that would be too much to give up for him, not to mention salaries wouldn't match.

If we were to get back a guy like Francisco Garcia, you'd HAVE to think about it though. Fran can't get minutes and Cousins will either be traded or Westphal fired. I'm gonna go with the latter on that probably.

But again, I don't think we need to trade JJ.

Well, for one that would be too much to give up for him, not to mention salaries wouldn't match.

If we were to get back a guy like Francisco Garcia, you'd HAVE to think about it though. Fran can't get minutes and Cousins will either be traded or Westphal fired. I'm gonna go with the latter on that probably.

But again, I don't think we need to trade JJ.

Jareth,

I see your point, but remember the salaries don't have to match. SAC is under the cap, which makes it easier to trade a BYC player to. Also, who is starting at the 3 for them? I thought Garcia was for awhile?

Jareth,

I see your point, but remember the salaries don't have to match. SAC is under the cap, which makes it easier to trade a BYC player to. Also, who is starting at the 3 for them? I thought Garcia was for awhile?

He was, but Westphal has those rotations so screwed up nobody can make up their mind. They have Greene/Garcia/Casspi at the 3 spot all rotating minutes. Garcia has just started to get some playing time again.

just posted on OPP

Somebody -- and I'm not necessarily saying it's Otis Smith, but somebody -- is going to get Jeff Foster (seven points, 11 rebounds, four blocks against New Orleans Monday) for the stretch drive, and be very happy about it.

David Aldridge of NBA.com

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2010/12/27/1898661/somebody-and-im-not-necessarily-saying-its-otis-smith-but-somebody-is

just posted on OPP

Somebody -- and I'm not necessarily saying it's Otis Smith, but somebody -- is going to get Jeff Foster (seven points, 11 rebounds, four blocks against New Orleans Monday) for the stretch drive, and be very happy about it.

David Aldridge of NBA.com

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2010/12/27/1898661/somebody-and-im-not-necessarily-saying-its-otis-smith-but-somebody-is

I like foster, but he's too expensive. It would take Duhon and Richardson to bring him in. We cant be throwing around assets so flippantly When some vet big will probably be available as a FA in Feb.

I like foster, but he's too expensive. It would take Duhon and Richardson to bring him in. We cant be throwing around assets so flippantly When some vet big will probably be available as a FA in Feb.

Foster frees up salary. The trade proposed WAS duhon and Q Rich as you stated. I personally did not think IND would bite, but maybe there is a different one proposed that Im unaware of.

Foster comes off the books, is a solid backup, and we get rid of Duhon. Not nearly as sexy as Cousins would be, but it works for me,

Let's just trade Q/Duhon for James Posey and TPE for Foster. Ain't our money. Go for broke this year. Do it Otis.

Nelson/Arenas/J-Will on 1 ankle

J-Rich/Redick/Arenas

Turk/Posey/Clark

Bass/Ryan/Foster

Dwight/Foster/Malik/Orton/Rosco

OMG GET IT DONE OTIS

Let's just trade Q/Duhon for James Posey and TPE for Foster. Ain't our money. Go for broke this year. Do it Otis.

Nelson/Arenas/J-Will on 1 ankle

J-Rich/Redick/Arenas

Turk/Posey/Clark

Bass/Ryan/Foster

Dwight/Foster/Malik/Orton/Rosco

OMG GET IT DONE OTIS

Posey is a championship piece....Foster is a solid backup for Dwight (which fixes our deficiencies there). And we keep Earl Clark :D.

Would do this in a heartbeat, but would Indiana?