NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

Whateverwe do I'd like to see JJ stay. I think $7.5M on a backup role player is a little overkill anyways. Bring in a young guy that actually has promise like Brian Zoubek(lol j/k)

Philly has no true scoring small forward. Q is pretty cheap and could be a fit for them. How about Q Rich for Speights?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2cotnuf

Speights isn't a big man, and it absolutely bemuses me that he's on the list and that people are pining for him, furthermore, do you consider Q a scoring SF? really?

Speights isn't a big man, and it absolutely bemuses me that he's on the list and that people are pining for him, furthermore, do you consider Q a scoring SF? really?

I put him on the list because a few have mentioned his name, not by my choice. There's actually a few that I disagree with

Philly has no true scoring small forward. Q is pretty cheap and could be a fit for them. How about Q Rich for Speights?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2cotnuf

We're going to be fine with scoring off the bench with what we have. It's a matter of getting a defensive big guy, which Speights isn't

I would prefer Barron over Battie all day long too.

(10/11 - 09/10 )

Battie 6-11 230 PF/C

GP 19 / 15

MPG 10.5 / 8.9

PPG 2.9 / 2.4

RPG 2.9 / 1.5

APG 0.2 / 0.3

PER 12.0 / 6.1

DRtg 102 / 110

Barron 7-0 245 C

GP 12 / 7

MPG 15.3 / 33.1

PPG 3.0 / 11.7

RPG 3.3 / 11.0

APG 1.21 / 0.3

PER 1.6 / 14.7

DRtg 112 / 110

Barron: A big bodied young center ..very tall, and pretty long as well. Good bulk, even by NBA standards. An average athlete, but gets off the ground decently. More known for his midrange game than his abilities at the rim. Fairly skilled for his position. Shows a nice, soft jumper with range out to just past the free throw line. Able to catch and shoot pretty well. Doesn’t do a whole lot in post up situations. A little bit on the soft side. Solid rebounder offensively, but doesn’t grab too many on the defensive end. Doesn’t show ideal anticipation when trying to block shots from the weak-side. Very foul prone.

Offense: Gets about a third of his touches in spot up situations, with another two fifths coming off of cuts and offensive rebounds. Displays a consistent midrange shooting stroke, which is without question his best offensive weapon. Takes some contested shots that he probably shouldn’t. Runs the pick and pop frequently. Proves to be a capable finisher at the rim as well. Works well off the ball, which helps him score a few easy baskets at the rim. Needs to do a better job absorbing contact. Lacks some toughness in that regard. Doesn’t show much back to the basket game. Won’t put the ball on the floor very often. An average passer.

Defense: Doesn’t have the strength to maintain position on the block, and lacks the lateral quickness necessary to step out and defend players that like to face up in the post. Usually asked to defend the center position, but struggles as a weak-side defender. Has a hard time containing bigger, strong post players. Doesn’t show good discipline when contesting shots. Will reach over the top and get called for a lot of fouls. Decent rebounder, but nothing to write home about. Not a defensive playmaker.

Sideshow Bob FTW.

On a side note, who is more Sideshow Bob? Anderson Varejao or Robin Lopez?

side-show-bob.jpg

Sideshow Bob

robin-lopez.jpg

Lopez

anderson-varejao-goofy.jpg

Varejao

For the record I would take either one on our team but would prefer the tougher, better rebounder, defensive-minded, Varejao

• Upvote 1

Sideshow Bob FTW.

On a side note, who is more Sideshow Bob? Anderson Varejao or Robin Lopez?

side-show-bob.jpg

Sideshow Bob

robin-lopez.jpg

Lopez

anderson-varejao-goofy.jpg

Varejao

For the record I would take either one on our team but would prefer the tougher, better rebounder, defensive-minded, Varejao

who's hair you like the most? BTW...this is where they got that style from

ucesy_valderrama_sip-300.jpg