NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

who says we haven't asked about Melo? Just because we aren't rumored in any deals doesn't mean we didn't make an attempt. If Denver doesn't like anything on our roster for Melo, there's nothing more we can do.

I'm sure we probably have. Just don't wanna hear about the other players on Denver's roster.

who says we haven't asked about Melo? Just because we aren't rumored in any deals doesn't mean we didn't make an attempt. If Denver doesn't like anything on our roster for Melo, there's nothing more we can do.

I see Melo putting up 50 and think "Man, I'd love to have him on the magic." Then I see him mope around and lose games and I change my mind. There's a lot of Vince Carter in him and that is scary.

I see Melo putting up 50 and think "Man, I'd love to have him on the magic." Then I see him mope around and lose games and I change my mind. There's a lot of Vince Carter in him and that is scary.

You are right, Melo is probably Carter 2.0.

The difference is, Melo is Carter from 10 years ago, who could still score at will, and in his prime phisically.

I also think Melo will choke, but it's not the same thing to have 2009 VC to 2000 VC.

You are right, Melo is probably Carter 2.0.

The difference is, Melo is Carter from 10 years ago, who could still score at will, and in his prime phisically.

I also think Melo will choke, but it's not the same thing to have 2009 VC to 2000 VC.

absolutely

lolz if that is you.

Hibachi, Yeah I guess if it is able to dump Q, Anderson's value will always be higher and thus easier to trade. Now just need to dump Duhon

Actually, that's Jareth. We had a sleepover at my roommates place last week, but my stupid mom kicked him out.....why, I have no idea!

Jareth, I liked your dancing banana better (how many times have you heard that).

My friend actually spoke to Otis while his team was getting a tour of the facility the night of the OT win vs the 76ers and has it on his iPhone. Otis said if you don't think he hasn't pursued Carmelo then you're stupid. His words exactly. That's the positive.

When asked if they were looking for a big man he said he was open to things but was not actively scrambling for it because he likes the current rotation. That's the negative.

Granted that was a while ago (pre-Detroit, Chicago, Memphis losses) but it was right after we lost to Boston which makes me feel like if that didn't push Otis for more size then who knows what will? Otis said the trades are decided by a board of 12 (or 13, I can't remember now) board directors and every proposed trade he comes up with must then get approved by them so let's just hope our gm can pull something together.

I mean we all thought no one would ever take on VC's contract but Otis got that done...also on a kind of funny/sad/more funny than sad note: Otis said when the proposed trade to get rid of Shard was difficult but still unanimous.

Jareth, I liked your dancing banana better (how many times have you heard that).

My friend actually spoke to Otis while his team was getting a tour of the facility the night of the OT win vs the 76ers and has it on his iPhone. Otis said if you don't think he hasn't pursued Carmelo then you're stupid. His words exactly. That's the positive.

When asked if they were looking for a big man he said he was open to things but was not actively scrambling for it because he likes the current rotation. That's the negative.

Granted that was a while ago (pre-Detroit, Chicago, Memphis losses) but it was right after we lost to Boston which makes me feel like if that didn't push Otis for more size then who knows what will? Otis said the trades are decided by a board of 12 (or 13, I can't remember now) board directors and every proposed trade he comes up with must then get approved by them so let's just hope our gm can pull something together.

I mean we all thought no one would ever take on VC's contract but Otis got that done...also on a kind of funny/sad/more funny than sad note: Otis said when the proposed trade to get rid of Shard was difficult but still unanimous.

Just another comment, I don't know why I said "...while his team was getting a tour..." I meant his group. It was some tour through his law school.