NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

Great idea...trade J richardson for gortat and pheonix first rounder...thats what we gave them essentially isnt it. What a blunder. They would laugh in our face...wait they are already laughing in our face. Worst decision of Otis Smith's tenure.

• Downvote 2

Great idea...trade J richardson for gortat and pheonix first rounder...thats what we gave them essentially isnt it. What a blunder. They would laugh in our face...wait they are already laughing in our face. Worst decision of Otis Smith's tenure.

lol because backup center is so much more important and so much more difficult to fill than upgrading at the 2? You guys are hilarious.

• Upvote 1

Its not the point... The point is Gortat is a top 5 young center in the league. Teams knew it. We knew it thats why he was resigned. He gets paid a pittance compared to other centers who suck. To get a free agent to be who is getting 15 million a year and costing the team $30 million a year with the luxury tax for a young big is inexcusable. I suppose everyone thinks dwight should play 48 minutes a night like tonight! He is going to wear down by playoffs and you expect Earl Clark to fill in at center...LOL. The guy jacks it up like he is the next MJ.

Our front line is one center deep...period. Do you think that just maybe, just maybe the heat three or the celtics will try to get dwight in foul trouble in the playoffs? Now I know in your land of lollipops and everlasting gobstoppers that Lebron, Dwayne, Bosh, Pump fake Pierce, Garnett, Rondo, Shaq, Perkins, Allen will never be able to get dwight in any foul trouble.The playoffs are different officiating (remember our first round matchup last year where gortat got more minutes than dwight). If dwight miraculously stays on the floor it will be because he is playing soft and passive around the hoop and that wont work against miami or boston.

We are Highest payroll in the league and not one borderline all star other than dwight....explain that. Gortat was our best trade piece and we got a guy who wont be resigned in the off season. Hopefully ownership sees they have spent alot of money for a very mediocre product with little future flexibility. Like it or notaOtis has hamstrung our organization like the cavs were last year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Its not the point... The point is Gortat is a top 5 young center in the league. Teams knew it. We knew it thats why he was resigned. He gets paid a pittance compared to other centers who suck. To get a free agent to be who is getting 15 million a year and costing the team $30 million a year with the luxury tax for a young big is inexcusable. I suppose everyone thinks dwight should play 48 minutes a night like tonight! He is going to wear down by playoffs and you expect Earl Clark to fill in at center...LOL. The guy jacks it up like he is the next MJ.

Our front line is one center deep...period. Do you think that just maybe, just maybe the heat three or the celtics will try to get dwight in foul trouble in the playoffs? Now I know in your land of lollipops and everlasting gobstoppers that Lebron, Dwayne, Bosh, Pump fake Pierce, Garnett, Rondo, Shaq, Perkins, Allen will never be able to get dwight in any foul trouble.The playoffs are different officiating (remember our first round matchup last year where gortat got more minutes than dwight). If dwight miraculously stays on the floor it will be because he is playing soft and passive around the hoop and that wont work against miami or boston.

We are Highest payroll in the league and not one borderline all star other than dwight....explain that. Gortat was our best trade piece and we got a guy who wont be resigned in the off season. Hopefully ownership sees they have spent alot of money for a very mediocre product with little future flexibility. Like it or notaOtis has hamstrung our organization like the cavs were last year.

I really tried to find something I disagree with but I can't.

The supposed "top five center" was averaging 4 points and 4 boards here in limited minutes. He didn't help at all in the ECF with Boston, most nights he just annoyed everyone with his dropped passes, tip rebounds, etc. Bottom line, Gortat was not playing a big role here and we had other needs we needed to fill. We may be thin with bigs, but Gortat sure as hell didn't help us win any rings. I'm happy to see him having some success in Phoenix, but it wasn't happening here and we didn't need him. Acting like we made a colossal mistake trading a bench player with a minor role is just silly. J-Rich has been nice for this team and Otis still could find a big.

The whole Dwight in foul trouble thing is just silly too. If Dwight is in foul trouble, we're pretty screwed anyways. The dropoff between Dwight and Gortat is massive and we won't beat Boston or Miami with Gortat playing big minutes for Dwight. Us needing more bigs to matchup with Boston is baloney too, the reason the Celtics have so many bigs is for them to match up with Dwight in a playoff series, not the other way around. In a playoff series againt an elite team, we need Dwight to play 40-42 minutes of elite basketball, that would leave around 6-8 minutes for someone like Gortat. We don't need a six million dollar backup to the best center in the league. We just need someone who can rebound and play a little D for the minutes Dwight is off the floor.

• Upvote 1

Top 5 young center?

Dwight, Brook Lopez, Roy Hibbert, Marc Gasol, DeMarcus Cousins, Serge Ibaka, Andrew Bogut, Andrew Bynum, Joakim Noah. You could also argue for DeAndre Jordan, Javale McGee, and Darko but I wouldn't say that's definite.

Finally! Someone gets it.....now you're gonna get stoned and negative repped from all the posters sleeping on blue and white clouds. Glad to see someone else step foward from all the other sheep though. :cheers:

lol because backup center is so much more important and so much more difficult to fill than upgrading at the 2? You guys are hilarious.

Because upgrading over Vince would have been more difficult....

:rolleyes: