NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

Worst....allstar....ever

probably, though Jamaal Magloire makes a strong case for himself even if he had "better" stats.

Cato is likely the GOAT of "meh". You'd be hard-pressed to find a more mediocre player.

mediocre or not he had a few strong seasons of protecting the basket and he didn't shy away from contact.

heh, you cant really rotate 6 big men at a time in the playoffs. Also, isn't this somehow against the CBA? They get out of paying Sheed's contract while he's retired?

It'd be nice if they waived Semih Erden. He'd be good to look at for the minimum.

heh, you cant really rotate 6 big men at a time in the playoffs. Also, isn't this somehow against the CBA? They get out of paying Sheed's contract while he's retired?

It'd be nice if they waived Semih Erden. He'd be good to look at for the minimum.

Since I don't think Sheed ever formally retired, he's most likely considered to just be inactive every game. I don't remember the Celtics ever formally waiving him for a roster slot.

If that's the case, he'd just rejoin the team at a prorated version of his existing salary.

Since I don't think Sheed ever formally retired, he's most likely considered to just be inactive every game. I don't remember the Celtics ever formally waiving him for a roster slot.

If that's the case, he'd just rejoin the team at a prorated version of his existing salary.

I thought the went ahead and waived him before the season started. Let me see if I can find that link again.

I don't know about paperwork, or if anyone is currently in the D-league for them, but Yahoo has them at 15 players. The box score for their last game has 10 players logging minutes, Bradley and Erden with DNP-CDs, and Garnett/perkins/west inactive. That puts them at 15

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2010/08/celtics_waive_w.html

The Boston Celtics announced today that they have waived forward/center Rasheed Wallace after coming to a mutual agreement following which Wallace plans to retire. “We would like to thank Rasheed for everything that he did for this team and organization last season,” said Danny Ainge, Celtics President of Basketball Operations. “We would like to wish Rasheed and his family the best as they move on into the next phase of their lives. He will always be a member of the Celtics family.”

This could be an assumption here but Sheed may have been speaking up without knowing the ins and outs of the CBA or talking to his agent first.

I PRAY Dwight can stay out of foul trouble.

Shaq/Sheed/Perkins/JO/Davis

Wow. None can check Dwight, but they have a stable of bigs that can beat him up, draw cheap fouls, and get inside his head. damn.

hopefully, we wont have to play boston in the playoffs.