NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

Otis spreading rumors to drive down the cost for Camby. No way he sticks a ball hog PF next to Dwight when he needs a back up center.

Especially at the cost of J Rich! He is a guy Otis has wanted on the team since his Golden State days.

There’s still a long way to go and a lot that can happen to change the balance of power. For now, though, here’s a look at some of the big names who could be moving on to change the course of 2011 NBA history:

1. Zach Randolph. Somehow I see him ending up in Orlando. They’ve made clear they’re going for it now with the Gilbert Arenas trade and need a big man. The Grizzlies have been a disappointment this season despite a good win in L.A. Sunday, but there seems little chance they’ll resign free agent Randolph. He shares an agent with Ben Gordon and went to Michigan State and the Pistons have cap money for next season and no inside game, so he’d be ideal there. But perhaps Orlando could persuade him to stay on with a competitive team. The Magic has guards and perhaps something that includes Jason Richardson’s expiring and Brandon Bass

For Zach Randolph?............

lmao-real.jpg

The Hornets waived Pops Mensah-Bonsu on Tuesday, before his contract became guaranteed.

I say we sign this guy. He had a pretty solid season with the Raptors a few years back.

Zach Randolph would be a fantastic player, talent wise. Attitude wise, not so much.

And what do we do with Bass then? Clearly surplus to requirements because Zach would surely start.

• Downvote 1

well looks like NOLA chose to waive Pops instead of Mbenga ....Pops is no good to us as he's 6-9 and 100 lbs wet

I'd take Pops if I had to, big energy guy and I, unlike most, don't correlate ability and skill with height and weight, since it's ridiculous.

Theres no way we trade J-Rich. He's a big capable wing who can score from the outside, drive, move off the ball, post up and slash, and he's not a bad defender. He's basically everything we've needed at the position since...forever. There is no way you can even begin to consider moving J-Rich remotely possible.

• Upvote 1