NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

Lewis should not have been benched. . . you don't bench a guy because he's not shooting well, particularly because that guy happened to be the best team defender at the PF position (by a lot) and not only could defer in an offense of volume shooters but also didn't provide much "spark" to come off the bench.

Bass, on the other hand, is great to come off the bench because he shoots every time he gets the ball and while efficient you'd rather have that guy coming off the bench than playing with the starters that also happen to shoot a lot.

If it really was about the money I'm sure Arenas would be starting at PG or SG, but SVG recognizes it's more than about the money and so far has made the best basketball decision on the court and not the most "financially-sound" decision on the court.

Now that we've seen what Bass provides, I truly think Lewis would have found the bench. Bass needed a shot and I believe his defense is improving. Anyway, glad we moved on.

With Arenas, I think it's a completely different story. Meer is a captain and knows our system, whereas Arenas is the newbie.

Now that we've seen what Bas provides, I truly think Lewis would have found the bench. Bass needed a shot and I believe his defense is improving. Anyway, glad we moved on.

With Arenas, I think it's a completely different story. Meer is a captain and knows our system, whereas Arenas is the newbie.

Yeah, logically we couldn't predict that Bass would play this well. Knowing what we do now the decision is easier but in the moment i wouldn't bench him.

What is the availability of these players - do Nets and the other teams have any interest in trading them? It would seem to me the Nets would not be willing to move an asset especially a developing big with NBA potential especially with the Carmello Anthony situation still very much in flux.

As far as I can tell, none of the three (Sean Williams, Marcus Cousin, Courtney Sims) is on an NBA roster, so they should all be signable free agents.

As far as I can tell, none of the three (Sean Williams, Marcus Cousin, Courtney Sims) is on an NBA roster, so they should all be signable free agents.

Move on...Nothing to see here...

Me like... Brewer is great in D. And Tolliver has 3 pt range, so why not?

The other teams have to agree to it. . . so I guess that's why not

Knicks get a steal, Minny gets raped, we get raped. I mean, if we are giving up Malik Allen, we better be getting Kevin Love. Seriously, I'd do it, but I'd like to get a PG back since we have two injury prone PGs and a half-retired one. Maybe bring back Slamma Jamma?

Knicks get a steal, Minny gets raped, we get raped. I mean, if we are giving up Malik Allen, we better be getting Kevin Love. Seriously, I'd do it, but I'd like to get a PG back since we have two injury prone PGs and a half-retired one. Maybe bring back Slamma Jamma?

Let's sign Kenny Smith, heard he is a big Magic fan...

ESPN

The NBA's first key date of 2011...teams are allowed to start signing free agents to 10-day contracts (Wed Jan 5) ... and when players with contracts that aren't fully guaranteed must be released in time to clear waivers by Jan 7...the NBA's final business day before Jan. 10....that's the date contracts for any player on an NBA roster become guaranteed for the rest of the season.

There are 38 players, by our count, who either must be waived by Wednesday or will know they'll be receiving their 2010-11 salaries in full.

here are the PF/C that might be waived:

Cleveland: Samardo Samuels

Dallas: Brian Cardinal

Denver: Melvin Ely

L.A. Clippers: Jarron Collins and Ike Diogu Milwaukee: Brian Skinner

New Orleans: D.J. Mbenga and Pops Mensah-Bonsu

Phoenix: Garret Siler

Portland: Sean Marks

Sacramento: Darnell Jackson

Washington: Hamady N'Diaye

• Upvote 1