NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

Rasheed would be nice at 10-15 min a game. Where is he these days?

I agree that Sheed would be nice to have, if he was okay with getting limited minutes. His low post D and his ability to stretch the floor would definitely be beneficial, that is if he still has any game left. He didn't play well for Boston last year until the Eastern Conference Finals against us, and even then he had one or two abismal games. I'm all for giving it a try if he's in, which he probably isn't or we'd have him by now. If we make a deal, I'd like to see Jeff Foster here. Whoever brought up Bonner must be on something delicious, San Antonio isn't making any deal for anybody and definitely not trading the guy who is far and away shooting the best 3 point ball in the league, especially for the package we'd be willing to offer for him.

even though I think landing Camby is A)total b.s. and B)logistically highly unlikely, the notion of adding Camby to this team is just insane. Dwight Howard and Camby? With the way Miami is rebounding and the depth Boston has, sign me up.

Our defense would be great at all times if Camby came in. I think he can play minutes at the PF too.

Also, it sounds like Javale McGee might be on the trading block w/ Andray Blatche. 3-team deal anyone? http://nba-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/26700956

Camby would be nasty.

Sheed might help Dwight in practice more than anything else. He didn't look focused with Boston last year, so I wouldn't puch much faith in him being focused here.

Foster would be a nice addition. He would hate facing Dwight in practice, but be glad not to go toe to toe in games.

Camby would be nasty.

Sheed might help Dwight in practice more than anything else. He didn't look focused with Boston last year, so I wouldn't puch much faith in him being focused here.

Foster would be a nice addition. He would hate facing Dwight in practice, but be glad not to go toe to toe in games.

I think Sheed like some vets was coasting the season and just waiting for playoffs. He did have a couple of good games against us.

Really good player but he's got zero offensive game which is a big problem for our offense to work if he is to pick up minutes at PF next to Dwight - but the real problem is matching salaries so for us to get him it would cost a lot - JJ and/or Bass plus at least 2 others from Q, Duhon, Clarke, Anderson, Orton, JWill...

not worth it...

Zero offensive game? Granted hes no Turk but he did have 14 points last night. He has a nice touch around the basket and can hit that mid range pull up.

I'm not completely in love with Bass to the point where I wouldn't trade him. JJ would be hard for me to part but think long and hard about Bass in the playoffs. Do you really feel he can take on the Bosh's, KG's, Gasol's and their length? Bass did OK against KG but KG did light him up for 21 points. I just don't think Bass and his lack of rebounding and defensive IQ is gonna cut it.

I'd trade Bass & Duhon for Varejao. I'd throw in Orton too (not a big fan of his).

I would too but why would Cleveland want to do that trade? Our only hope is that a team has a point guard go down and they need a replacement to salvage the season and they have depth at the 4/5 spot.

It's going to be extremely difficult to find a difference maker for Orlando. Varejao is the one player I think would be an ideal fit for Orlando however I don't see how we could get him. The stars would have to allign in a multi team trade but more likely it will be a solid vet from a team that is mathematically out of the playoffs.

Why does everyone think Varejao would be such a great fit? I mean, maybe he would, but watching him play just irritates the hell out of me.. I hate floppers and wouldn't enjoy the most notorious flopper in the league being here..