NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

I am sure this has been posted but I just saw it on the OS:

http://blogs.orlando...t=Google+Reader

Would I trade JJ for any of those guys? No, no and no. Not even close in equal value. BS, what are you thinking??? I'd rather send Jameer in an elf suit to Sheed's house and see what he can return.

This is a poor article anyway due to the fact that JJ's BYC kicks in since we are over the cap. JJ's value is more like $3.6mm in a trade, and he would be used to get a more talented PF/C then listed.

Right. In other news, the Batman got significant minutes yesterday vs. Boston. Spencer Hawes, the starting center played 20 while Batman played 26.

Tony's stat line:

26 minutes. 10 PTS. 5-8 FG (.625). 0-1 FT. 6 REB (1 offensive). and count em, 4 BLKS.

Great, now it'll take JJ to get him :svgsad:

This is a poor article anyway due to the fact that JJ's BYC kicks in since we are over the cap. JJ's value is more like $3.6mm in a trade, and he would be used to get a more talented PF/C then listed.

Agreed, the first 2 are very injury prone and the latter is nowhere near JJ's level

Hasheem Thabeet, would be my choice. The only question is what would we have to send out for him. I think a 2-3 years behind D12 would help him out a bit more then being on Memphis. Tho he has yet to proven anything spectacular, I think he will be a pretty decent player in a couple of years.

After tonight I humbly suggest Matt Bonner.

I believe I speak for the entire message board when I say this

wincentsad.png

*Courtesy of BMP.

• Upvote 2

We should only get Matt Bonner if he can bring Christian Drejer with him. And when they get here, we can use Drejer in a way no one else is suited for...

Every time Dwight gets mad and is about to do something that will get him T'd up, he punches Drejer in the face instead. We all win with that one. And he can bring Matt Walsh in once Drejer's head caves in.

• Upvote 1

We should only get Matt Bonner if he can bring Christian Drejer with him. And when they get here, we can use Drejer in a way no one else is suited for...

Every time Dwight gets mad and is about to do something that will get him T'd up, he punches Drejer in the face instead. We all win with that one. And he can bring Matt Walsh in once Drejer's head caves in.

you ugh, you really ran with that joke there.

You probably won't be surprised to hear that there is essentially no external interest bubbling for Brendan Haywood, given that this is Year 1 on a contract with $41.7 million guaranteed over five years and the swiftness with which Haywood (shooting 25.5 percent from the free- throw line) has fallen behind Tyson Chandler in the Mavs' pecking order. ESPN.com

Reserve center Alexis Ajinca, for example, has been available since Dallas acquired him as a throw-in from Charlotte in the Tyson Chandler deal and remains the most likely Mav to be dealt. The Mavs, though, are said to be getting more choosy about what they'd expect in exchange for Ajinca, since there will always be a premium on a still-developing young big man in the NBA. ESPN.com

The Knicks have shopped around for big men to bolster the frontcourt and have considered bringing back D-League graduate Earl Barron. Turiaf's history of trouble with his left knee (it's been an issue since the end of the 2008-09 season) means the Knicks need to find some insurance. But there's no question that when he's healthy, he's an important part of D'Antoni's rotation. Newsday