NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

Darko and Verajo are never going to happen. Minny loves Darko and he is having his best year ever and for a C his contract is reasonable - he is going nowhere. Same with Cleveland - Verajo is the only crowd favorite on a team that is struggling desperately to fill seats. Cleveland only trades up for him - he is the only real asset or legitimate keeper they have.

Actually, it makes no sense for a rebuilding team to keep paying Varejao that much money, especially since he's not helping them get many more wins.

As far as Darko, no way in hell does Minnesota trade Darko for Qberto and Duhon. . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FK-IBzlavY

Dude's on the wire and would probably play for under a mil.

Lol, you know that's an old highlight when J Kidd is still on the Nets.

Signing a free agent is the best case from a financial standpoint, but from a talent standpoint, we're best off making another trade

Darko and Verajo are never going to happen. Minny loves Darko and he is having his best year ever and for a C his contract is reasonable - he is going nowhere. Same with Cleveland - Verajo is the only crowd favorite on a team that is struggling desperately to fill seats. Cleveland only trades up for him - he is the only real asset or legitimate keeper they have.

I've actually read reports of Cleveland trying to get rid on Andy and his contract

Lol, you know that's an old highlight when J Kidd is still on the Nets.

Signing a free agent is the best case from a financial standpoint, but from a talent standpoint, we're best off making another trade

hahaha yeah, but he's still young and fresh. The Nets waived him last year I think.

I wonder if there will be another trade. I mean, we would have new players at every position. Could our team click in order to excel come playoff time?

I wouldn't be surprised if something happens this week. I don't think anybody wants to see us go play the Celtics with our current rotation, especially if Ryan is still hobbled. I know it's just a regular season game, but you know it means something to these guys.

I really don't like Anderson Varejao because of his flopping, but I'd love to see him backing up Howard and Bass. He's a very good defender and annoys the **** out of the opposite team, draws a lot of silly fouls and even some techs every now and then.

Maybe Sheldon Williams is an option? He played Center in college and has chemistry with Redick and Duhon, who I would assume would play a majority of his minutes with.

I think he's a solid PF. If we put him at center, it is like having Bass at center and without a mid-range threat.