Captain Hi-Top

Do Magic's Big Deals Improve Their Team?

Why is it just about Jameer not passing the ball to Vince? When did VC pass the ball to anyone else? That's what I like about this trade the most, we get guys who can create on the perimeter not just for themselves, but for others too. Now it's just not on Jameer to make plays.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I visited the VCO forums for the first time today and found some guys like ThuglifeJ and others, there are lots of uneducated people and they all seem to be happy with VC's departure (and the return of the headband).

Now, the Phoenix fans agree that J Rich is a much better player when Nash is playing, but they don't look very convinced with VC and Pietrus. They like Gortat

I think it makes us better because J-Rich can play off ball well, VC could not, or at least the way he was utilized he could not.

Obviously Vince wasn't the one to blame for losing, it was the lack of effort on the defensive end, which can be blamed on everyone, even Dwight at some points.

i agree again. vince is a better creator, and he got to the cup more than people gave him credit for. richardson is a better spot up shooter, and he at this point in his career is more athletic.

Why is it just about Jameer not passing the ball to Vince? When did VC pass the ball to anyone else? That's what I like about this trade the most, we get guys who can create on the perimeter not just for themselves, but for others too. Now it's just not on Jameer to make plays.

probably because meer had the ball the most.

• Downvote 1

LOL, f*ck VCO, too bad a good guy like Carter has such sh*tty fans.

As for Carter in Phoenix, I think he will do better because Nash has better court vision than Jameer, and can make good entry passes to the post, and find him if he slashes to the basket (he did that in NJ with Kidd right? lol). He will also be the number 1 or 2 option there as opposed to the second or more often third option here.

Call me a Meer hater/VC homer if you want, but Jameer DID hurt his game, which was why I wanted VC to play with the bench unit. Not to say that VC should have had more reign than Meer, but that is why VC underachieved.

VC took a hit to his stats being on this team. So what. Everyone on this team takes a hit. They spread the ball out between the four main options pretty well. No one cares that his points per game fell off a little. My knock on Vince has nothing to do with stats in any way shape or form.

VC took a hit to his stats being on this team. So what. Everyone on this team takes a hit. They spread the ball out between the four main options pretty well. No one cares that his points per game fell off a little. My knock on Vince has nothing to do with stats in any way shape or form.

not you but so many others up here, blast the guy because he wasnt scoring 20 ppg. some took any chance to bash the guy. when he played defense against carmello, everybody knew he was overmatched, and he actually did pretty good, considering the fact[plus the bad calls] and the next day everybody talks bad about his defense. even dwight, and he hasnt looked great on defense this year either. vc came to play this year, this was just not the team for him.

That was such a **** read..........It was weird too because the video accompanying the link was Jalen Rose saying he thinks it's a great deal.

I personally can't see how the deal could possibly make us worse..........

Think of it like this......

J Rich is younger than Vince and playing a whole lot better right now.

R Lewis was playing so so poorly an out of form Hedo is still better than him.

Gortat was a bench player and was never going to be more than that at Orlando, Arenas is set to come off the bench too but is 100 times more versatile.

It's a risk, no doubt. VC, Lewis and Gortat knew our system well but it had to be done..

Arenas alone is worth the risk. He's been out for 3 years but before that, he averaged 29 5 and 5 and was a top 10 MVP candidate............His looked good at Washington all season too so there is no reason he can't be more productive than VC or Lewis.

With no backup centre we're severely vulnerable to a Howard injury or foul trouble but I'm sure SVG and Smith are already looking to remedy that.

With Duhon and Q Rich (or JJ) being surplus to requirements now it seems, we have the pieces to trade for a better than average backup centre.......My pick, Troy Murphy.

I think this trade will define Smith as a GM and was a massive risk for him but it took courage and I think it will be rewarded.

We didn't get anyone who can create their own shots.

We got players who shoot a lot, even when they're not open. The difference is small, but very significant.

WHAT??? All three can create shots more than the 3 we lost.

Pull your head in

Lmao. What ever happened to ThugLife anyway?

B*tching about Jameer on the VCO forums?

"GO SUNS/VC!

go Celtics Heat!!! Knicks bulls i Like u too!! a lot actually.

Wish u the best Howard and J Will and Bass.. rest can suck a d*ck honestly.." - ThugLifeJ

And he has A LOT more that are straight up bashing everything Magic.

It's funny because I remember that tool trying to pretend he was actually a legit Magic fan and not just a VC fanboy.

Looking at some posts, it's obvious the VC fanboys are worse than Hedo's ever were. They're pretty much on Arroyo fanboy status of delusion.