Jareth Cutestory

DONE DEAL. MAGIC TRADE GORTAT/VINCE/PEACHES/1ST FOR J-RICH/HEDO/EARL CLARK

What if...we made another trade, for a guy like Iguodala. We'd be trading away our whole team basically, but we'd be beastly. We'd have a bunch of "name" guys, but just look at this:

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=27fbuhl

Of course we'd have to pick up some guys off the wire. Maybe Rafer for a 3rd PG and another big.

Our lineup would be:

Nelson/Arenas/J Will

Iguodala/Arenas

J Rich/Hedo

Bass/Orton/Hedo

Howard/Speights

Unlikely, but the point is that this team has potential for some assets to come here over the long haul.

Daniel Orton is 20 years old. Holy sh**. Imagine if he develops into a big time center. I'd love that.

Caliapri said he fears Orton doesn't have the mind and attitude to develop at this level... thought he should have stayed in college. And we know Cal has no problem telling guys to go to the NBA... def. something to him telling Orton he should have stayed.

Thinking about it, I'm really afraid that these trades are not good enough and hamper our cap situation when Dwight is a FA...

I wish we had just gotten J-Rich. I'm even fine with getting Arenas too. Basically just don't want Hedo.

:panicworker:

• Downvote 1

I'm still uneasy about the Arenas/Lewis swap and I really don't want to see how it plays out. . . Arenas is just ughhhhhhh

• Downvote 1

I'm still uneasy about the Arenas/Lewis swap and I really don't want to see how it plays out. . . Arenas is just ughhhhhhh

Lewis was gone, he didn't seem to give a damn about the game, just seemed completely out of sync. Doubt any other team was willing to take on his contract

Lewis was gone, he didn't seem to give a damn about the game, just seemed completely out of sync. Doubt any other team was willing to take on his contract

So we "get rid" of his contract by acquiring a player with an even worse contract?? At least Lewis helped out defensively very well and deferred to Howard.

• Downvote 1

It can not be stressed enough how well players can improve when they are happy with their situation.

The writing was on the wall and if we really are honest with ourselves as fans...we saw it. Pietrus wasn't happy with his minutes. Shard wasn't happy with the amount of shots. Gortat wasn't happy coming off the bench. Vince was happy in Orlando - but not happy with himself. Most importantly... Dwight wasn't happy with any of it. It's a good thing Otis did his job and made the move before the discontentment caused further damage.

Now look at what we aquired - Pheonix and Washington are both approaching this the same way as we are.

Arenas wasn't happy in Washington. He's going to be here with his father figure and reunited with J Rich, playing with a team he's been a fan of growing up and wanted to play with. Did anyone actually watch the interview yet? The guy is beaming. Thats a damn good sign. Honestly I never looked too much into Arenas but he really seems like a likeable character - and this team is full of them, so that should be good as far as off the court chemistry goes (which is important).

Hedo hasn't been happy since he left Orlando because his game has declined. I credit part of this to him not being utilized in systems correctly and the other part to him simply being a lazy bum - which basically was fed in a viscious cycle by his discontent with his slipping game. He will be returning to a system that worked best for him and be reunited with friends (and bringing two teammates with him).

I really am feeling this trade. I think it was time, and I think we are adding players that are going to give us a true effort which is something we've been lacking from all of the players we traded away.