Jareth Cutestory

DONE DEAL. MAGIC TRADE GORTAT/VINCE/PEACHES/1ST FOR J-RICH/HEDO/EARL CLARK

Not saying it's worth anything, but we could of used it in a different manner.

Not really considering it will be a late round draft pick anyway. It's not like we could use our draft picks as a deal breaker. It's just simply a throw in. Earl Clark is a better prospect than anything coming out of the draft where we'd be picking anyway.

Great trade. Hedo is back and we will play like suns, scores 120 a game and still lost by 10.

Hedo, Arenas, the longest contract combination ever.

Jameer, Arenas, Hedo, Bass, Dwight, bench: JJ and Duhon and Jrich?

Can't wait for tonight's game....could be another game like the one against the Pistons when we won with 8 players.

We are really short-handed tonight....at least we're at home...it'll be fun being the underdog...

JJ for 25pts

First this trade doesn't make sense... We needed a go to scorer.... Not scorers..... Not let's rebuild the house...

And for what we gave up, doesn't match.... Okay great it's an equal expiration contract..

But why Gil... Is he really a Go to scorer? Now.

J rich... I can see why... But if I wanted MP... I would of kept MP... Difference is Rich drives more... Also.. Now we are the first team to have the "Richardsons" (Brothas from different Mothas).

Giving up a draft pick and money? Why?

I'm just confused all around.

Just an opinion, but unless this team tanks, we wouldn't get squat for a draft pick anyway. We just got lucky with Courtney.

I think we're counting on athleticism to be our "defense". Tiring the other teams out. If I had to choose 1 guy to bench based on play this year it has to be Hedo.

I would certainly bench Turk over Richardson, but given the dynamics of the other players we need someone to create mismatches, and Turk provides that atleast. Arenas is the perfect bench guy-except for his contract. Now if he starts playing lights out ball and is completely rejuvinated then I would be happy to plunk him in the SL. A lot of people are hellbent on Jameer as a starter and its not popular opinion around here to suggest otherwise, but I think there is a chance down the road that Arenas replaces Nelson in the SL.

Long story short, Richardson is the only surefire starter right away if you ask me. I certainly wouldnt mind bringing Arenas off the bench for the time being(and bring Turk off the bench as well). Why not give it a couple games and see how Redick does with the starting unit, he is playing like he deserves it right now anyway. I am not sold on the idea of Richardson as a 3 but it's worth a shot I suppose.

• Upvote 1

Jason Richardson has been one of the most underrated shooting guards in the league for a good while. By some measurements, he was a Top 5 player in the 2010 postseason during Phoenix's exciting romp through the Western Conference. Richardson's true shooting percentage is a career-high 57.4 percent and he's a 42 percent shooter from beyond the arc. He's a far more lethal threat from long range than Vince Carter, one of the fiercest rebounding guards in basketball and a menacing post player. Gilbert Arenas' marksmanship has fallen off, but if we assume he'll take some of him minutes away from Chris Duhon, he represents an upgrade in that respect. And for all of Hedo Turkoglu's failings since he departed Orlando during the summer of 2009, he still commands respect from long range. Like Richardson, Turkoglu is shooting at a 42 percent clip from 3-point range and his true shooting percentage of 56.7 percent is the second-best of his career. Incredible as it is, in the 6-foot-10 stretch hybrid category, Turkoglu's numbers best Rashard.

K Arnovitz ESPN

I would certainly bench Turk over Richardson, but given the dynamics of the other players we need someone to create mismatches, and Turk provides that atleast. Arenas is the perfect bench guy-except for his contract. Now if he starts playing lights out ball and is completely rejuvinated then I would be happy to plunk him in the SL. A lot of people are hellbent on Jameer as a starter and its not popular opinion around here to suggest otherwise, but I think there is a chance down the road that Arenas replaces Nelson in the SL.

Long story short, Richardson is the only surefire starter right away if you ask me. I certainly wouldnt mind bringing Arenas off the bench for the time being(and bring Turk off the bench as well). Why not give it a couple games and see how Redick does with the starting unit, he is playing like he deserves it right now anyway. I am not sold on the idea of Richardson as a 3 but it's worth a shot I suppose.

I'm assuming we're handing the offense over to Arenas. That's the only way he's really effective.