Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

J. Will needs a shot at back-up PG job (Schmitz)

Despite all that, I’d rather at times have Williams in there more than Duhon, sacrificing some defense for better ball movement and offense. Stan Van Gundy obviously disagrees.

Maybe Duhon is having a hard time fitting in as a new player. It’s obvious he has a long leash.

But he hasn’t distinguished himself nor justified GM Otis Smith’s pursuit of him last few years.

Van Gundy has opened up several jobs for competition this season. Maybe he needs to take a look at the back-up point guard spot a little closer.

For the rest go here:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2010/12/jason-williams-needs-to-shoot-the-ball-more.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sports%2Fmagic%2Fbasketblog+%28Magic+BasketBlog%29

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

J will was abused by rondo/robinson last year in the playoffs as we remember. He was a great backup against mediocre PG's who cant abuse him defensively and make him work. Duhon by no means is an upgrade defensively over williams.

He does move the ball better then Duhon but also took some HORRIBLE ill-advised shots in the boston series that were just ugly...if he stops those then it should be hands down his job...it already should be...Duhon really has proven nothing in these first 20 games.

• Upvote 1

Wow!....I can now understand why I've been reading all the complaints about Chris Duhon....don't get to see all the Magic games because I switched my TV provider.

Just checked some stats....

Chris Duhon has been getting 20 minutes a game.

Hollinger has 62 PG's listed on his PER page.

Duhon is ranked number 62 and dead last with a PER of 5.26

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/pg/page/2

Duhon by no means is an upgrade defensively over williams.

Duhon is actually an incredible upgrade defensively over Jason Williams.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Duhon has been playing really solid D this year, especially in the last 8 games or so. I didn't think this was actually arguable because it was noticeably better than Duhon's and even Jameer's (minus Jameer's pnr D), but if that's not enough:

Duhon so far this year has held his opponent to 11.9 PER at an eFG% of .399.

Jason Williams last year held his opponent to 15.9 PER at an eFG% of .470

• Upvote 1

Dwight is involved in those statistics. He bails duhon out way more then I remember him bailing out Jwill. They both are terrible defenders...that's all I'm trying to say.

jjlaptop.gif

• Downvote 1

I do think that Duhon has an edge over J Will on defense, but his offense reminds me too much of what Carlos Arroyo did when he was here. He seems to waste half of the shot clock dribbling around the court with no idea what he's going to do with the ball. I've been disappointed in what I've seen so far.

• Upvote 1

JWill ran otu of gas midway through the season last year.

Duhon needs to work his way out of his problems. If we get past the All-Star game and Duhon still has not meshed with the team and is playing like he is, then you start working J Will back into the rotation. He knows the system, and you can manage his minutes to make sure he is fresh for the playoffs if it comes to that.

How much of an epic mistake would it be to pull Duhon at this point in favor of J Will, then be forced to work Duhon back into the rotation towards the playoffs because J Will can't keep up any more?

Some people around here need to start looking at the forest instead of staring at the trees.

• Upvote 1