Sign in to follow this  
magicLA

Duhon at SG

He might make a better SG than PG, but he's still pretty awful.

Putting Doo Doo in the SG rotation is unnecessary on this team and Imo, a waste of time to experiment with.

The only time you'll see him there is in the unusual circumstance where Nelson is unavailable along with one of our SG's (as was the case in Wednesday's game).

Duhon defended SG's while with Chicago (and regarded as one of the best at it at the time for that matter)...like I said earlier I am no fan of his performance thus far, but jeez give the guy a chance we're not even 15 games in and he's learning a brand new offense that is entirely different than most other NBA offenses.

that unusual circumstance you speak of is not so unusual as Vince Carter is well, Vince Carter...and we will be facing teams with excellent perimeter defenders in the playoffs

You're assuming he is a legitimate ball distributor. He is not.

so far he has not proven to be a good game manager and has made a lot of bad passes but again this is way too early to judge his game that closely...and he has been throughout his career a very sure handed distributor so I prefer to give him an honest chance before I would make that conclusion - if after the all-star break he is still having trouble running the offense and making bad decisions then it's time to start to worry about that

Saw the title of this thread and couldn't believe it. Then I saw it had 5 pages of responses and couldn't believe that either. Then I took a look inside and was so glad that the comments were exactly what I'd hoped they'd be. Carry on.

so far he has not proven to be a good game manager and has made a lot of bad passes but again this is way too early to judge his game that closely...and he has been throughout his career a very sure handed distributor so I prefer to give him an honest chance before I would make that conclusion - if after the all-star break he is still having trouble running the offense and making bad decisions then it's time to start to worry about that

Fair enough. I didnt watch much of Duhon before he came to the Magic so I'll reserve my judgement. But from what I've seen so far he is just way too passive on everything. Passive on making plays, shooting, etc.

You're assuming he is a legitimate ball distributor. He is not.

He had over 20 assists in a game once, he's always been a solid distributor. His problem is his shooting. It's terrible. But when he's on the floor, he just needs to pass, play defense, and take an occasional open shot. He's not playing like I'd want him to, but I've seen him play before and he's certainly more capable.

Duhon defended SG's while with Chicago (and regarded as one of the best at it at the time for that matter)...like I said earlier I am no fan of his performance thus far, but jeez give the guy a chance we're not even 15 games in and he's learning a brand new offense that is entirely different than most other NBA offenses.

that unusual circumstance you speak of is not so unusual as Vince Carter is well, Vince Carter...and we will be facing teams with excellent perimeter defenders in the playoffs

It's still a third or fourth option and Duhon is inconsistent. Even if he does learn the offense he's a really streaky shooter.

He'll get better, particularly his passing, but I'm gonna remain critical of him till that time.