Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

Would you rather have..

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which 3 would you rather have?

• Dwight/VC/CP3
    • Dwight/Melo/Nelson

Not saying that it's possible, but..

thats a tough one. with melo, as good as he is, i think that he would have to become the focal point, which would make dwight a role player, to some degree, because of melo's style of play, but with melo, you have a legit scoring option. i love vince but at this stage of his career, melo offensively would be an upgrade. i still dont know though which one i would prefer.

It's tough because Melo would take some touches from Nelson and Dwight, while CP3 wouldn't shoot as much as Nelson and with sporadic disappearing acts by Lewis and Vince we would need Nelson.

I think I would prefer Nelson Melo Dwight because if it failed one year, we would have chances for many others. While VC isn't getting any younger

It's tough because Melo would take some touches from Nelson and Dwight, while CP3 wouldn't shoot as much as Nelson and with sporadic disappearing acts by Lewis and Vince we would need Nelson.

I think I would prefer Nelson Melo Dwight because if it failed one year, we would have chances for many others. While VC isn't getting any younger

I do not think thats correct. I think Paul would shoot just as much as Nelson. Nelson is only averaging 10.9 shots a game. Paul is averaging 11.8 it could be argued that he would take less shots will the magics better supporting cast, but then it could be argued that he would get just as much or more with Howards double teams.

I would prefer Dwight, Melo and Nelson. Just because I think with getting Melo we have achieved the biggest weakness our team has.

With the team we have, you would have to be crazy to want Melo over Paul. Nothing against Nelson, because I like him on this squad, but teaming up the leagues premier PG with the best Center, and a plethora (Jefe, what is a plethora?) of three point shooters on a team that has regularly had one of the leagues best defenses would be nothing short of amazing.

Nothing against VC but it would be crazy to keep in the starting line.

With Paul as the PG, Carter is no longer relied upon to take over at the end of a game. Paul can take care of that, help break down the defense, and get easy shots for other guys. Carter can benefit by Paul getting him open looks and open paths to the basket. His responsibility will be reduced and it would help open things up for him.

I think 2010 Vince is an afterthought of who he was 5 years ago. His presence is not important for this Magic team, and he never comes up big in the postseason.

Seeing what we saw of Nelson in 2010 Playoffs, and with equal value from Carmelo and CP3 IMO, i would go for Dwight/Melo/Nelson in a heartbeat over the other option.

Bringing CP3 would mean more touches to Dwight and VC and since VC is not producing as he did earlier and is very injury prone I dont think CP3 would be as good upgrade as Melo would be in this case. I dont think bringing Melo would mean less touches for Dwight because no matter who has the ball they will pass it to Dwight if he has good position.

I think 2010 Vince is an afterthought of who he was 5 years ago. His presence is not important for this Magic team, and he never comes up big in the postseason.

Seeing what we saw of Nelson in 2010 Playoffs, and with equal value from Carmelo and CP3 IMO, i would go for Dwight/Melo/Nelson in a heartbeat over the other option.

I completely disagree that 'Melo and Paul are of equal value. Anthony is a volume shooter that is going to disrupt the flow of this team. Paul is going to have the ball in his hands a lot, but his shots per game are right in line with our current team. He's going to make things easier for everyone else, without everyone else standing around watching him dominate the offense by taking 20+ shots per game.