Sign in to follow this  
Trey Time

The Official 2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

Figured I would get this on the board, since the season has officially gone underway. Also happy that the FSU game is on tv today!

I'll start by pissing off people right away. The Gator hater in me (and as someone who does know a bit about college hoops), I have to ask why the hell is Florida ranked #11? Seriously?

Figured I would get this on the board, since the season has officially gone underway. Also happy that the FSU game is on tv today!

I'll start by pissing off people right away. The Gator hater in me (and as someone who does know a bit about college hoops), I have to ask why the hell is Florida ranked #11? Seriously?

Mainly due to the first time since the championship run that the Gators are actually returning all the starters off last years team. Plus recruits like Patric Young and Cody Larson are expected to be big time help. But will get a good chance to see how good they really are on tuesday when they go up against #5 Ohio State in Gainseville. I think 11 is too high (as is 9 in the ap) but I'd love to be proved wrong.

I will also like to point out the gators snagging the number 7 prospect in the nation, 6'3 SG Brad Beal.

Looking forward to both my schools having good seasons this year. The aforementioned Gators and the UCF Knights, who got some big transfers and recruits this year coming in under first year coach Donnie Jones.

Although it will be tough deciding who to cheer for on Dec. 1st....

I think us being ranked #11 is fair actually. Continuity and experience are things we haven't had for the past 3 years. With the starters returing and Dan Werner FINALLY off the team we have the chance to be formidable, especially if Young provides the toughness we need inside and Boynton takes a step forward.

I think most of us in Gainesville are just ready for that sport with the helmets and pads to be over with. Watching a team with real potential will be a welcome sight.

Side note: I played ball against Chris "Time To Die" Rainey a couple weeks ago at the rec center. Turns out the dude really is a grade A douchebag. Went up for a dunk on a semi-fast break and the guy undercuts me on the way up, takes me out, then laughs. I'm lucky to have my ACLs.

3-0, and Chris Singleton is looking like a STUD so far. Can't wait to play Ohio State, first real test.

Speaking of OSU...nice job Florida.

yep. Looks like playing against Durant this summer helped him out.

He's going to shoot up the draft boards this year. Everything I've seen currently has him in 2nd Rd or going back to school. He's a 6'9" wing that can defend, hell that alone should make him a first round pick.

He's going to shoot up the draft boards this year. Everything I've seen currently has him in 2nd Rd or going back to school. He's a 6'9" wing that can defend, hell that alone should make him a first round pick.

who have you been reading? he's been in the top twenty for the last year.

So haven't visited this thread in a while. I will have too catch up on my trash talk for all 3 of my teams for the past 2 weeks:

Florida Gators:

No shame in loosing to the number 2 team, especially when Florida was playing them toe to toe up until the last 5 minutes. Oh and suck it FSU! Get at least one win in that weekend hah!

UCF Knights:

Watch out guys. Donnie Jones is beginning to build a serious basketball team here in Orlando. Don't be surprised if UCF competes for a C-USA championship this year even with Memphis. Marcus Jordan is beasting right now and UCF actually has some size and athleticism and plays at a pace fast enough to use it. Ohh and by the way, the West Florida Cows can suck it. (USF)

Duke Blue Devils:

Is their a better a team then the Dukies right now? Irving is incredible and no one can doubt who the number 1 is after that dismantling of #4 KSU. Lets get another win tonight.

And with all that said, go UCF, got the lead by 4 at halftime against UF at the Amway Center.