Sign in to follow this  
Norman

Is SVG messing up the player chemistry?

I've followed Magic for couple years now and it looks like alot of players are unhappy with the rotations already at this point. It seems like there is no definite spots for PF,SF or Guards so the players really dont know what spot they are going to play. I was wondering this because the bench play this year looks really out of synch and confusing. It only seems to work when someone just has good drive with the shots.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I've followed Magic for couple years now and it looks like alot of players are unhappy with the rotations already at this point. It seems like there is no definite spots for PF,SF or Guards so the players really dont know what spot they are going to play. I was wondering this because the bench play this year looks really out of synch and confusing. It only seems to work when someone just has good drive with the shots.

Where are you getting the idea that players are unhappy with the rotations?

I'm asking because as far as im aware, it was playing time that was the issue.

Besides the Peaches incident, who else is unhappy? Our guard rotation has been almost the exact same as last year, only real changes at the forward position.

As far as bench play goes, they've been okay. Last night was ugly and Bass almost took the whole team down with him in the fourth, but as of right now it really depends on how Duhon's doing (for the second unit, that is).

Welcome!

Disagree with your assessment though. SVG has said everyone on this team has a heartbeat and can play on any given night. We are trying to figure the best lineups and some guys will have to see their playing time cut on certain nights. (physical teams will see more Peet and Bass and finesse teams will see more RA and JJ) Just the way it is and the players need to be professionals and deal with it accordingly.

This is also the main reason we need a trade. We have too many good players and should trade a few for a great player.

One of the commentators mentioned RA and Bass being unhappy with the rotations(playing time). Its not just that the players need to act professionally when it comes to decision but I can think it could be hard for them to get in to good rythm if they get too many free nights because of matchups. After being bit out of sync when they haven't played in couple nights they are pretty strongly judged by their performance. Even though they have practises every day its not the same as playing.

I dont think this will be problem against lower then 0.500 teams but it can be serious problem when we get to playoffs.

How? These guys have been playing together for a season and some of these guys have been here for more than four. I don't see what chemistry is being tampered with. The Chemistry is way better than the previous season from the production I'm seeing on the court. Welcome to the forums.

One of the commentators mentioned RA and Bass being unhappy with the rotations(playing time). Its not just that the players need to act professionally when it comes to decision but I can think it could be hard for them to get in to good rythm if they get too many free nights because of matchups. After being bit out of sync when they haven't played in couple nights they are pretty strongly judged by their performance. Even though they have practises every day its not the same as playing.

I dont think this will be problem against lower then 0.500 teams but it can be serious problem when we get to playoffs.

There is a lot of time, and an entire season to be played before the playoffs start.

SVG said in some interview that he will try out all kinds of lineups through the season, unlike in previous seasons, when he waited till playoffs to try out our big lineup for example, and then noone was really comfortable. This year he will make sure players will be ready and have some chemistry in all kinds of line ups. I like it.

he sure is. he screwed up the chemistry so bad two seasons again the team bickered its way to the Finals and somehow managed to drag their way to the ECF's last season, no doubt hating each other and SVG the whole way. No telling what he'll do to this team in the 10-11 season.

Last year everyone was *****ing that Stan never adjusted his lineup based on matchups, now this year everyone is *****ing that he won't stick to a rotation.

There is no making people happy. :svgsad:

Glad he's doing it so everybody has their time to play and the main (and old) guys get some rest for the playoffs. We've been looking great, except for the Heat game.

Last year everyone was *****ing that Stan never adjusted his lineup based on matchups, now this year everyone is *****ing that he won't stick to a rotation.

There is no making people happy. :svgsad:

One person complaining hardly counts as "everybody". I, for one, am glad SVG is finally adjusting the rotation based on matchups.