Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Since we're waiting for the game.......what do you do for a living?

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

Oh come one Mire, I don't think it will be a problem in a little website that not many check, as long as you don't use real personal information. It's good.

I am right now a Senior CAD draftman at my company. It's cool to be the Boss. I've been doing it for about 6 years and have been in my current company for almost 2 years. We do Land Survey work, plans, maps, construction support etc etc. If you ever see the guys down the road measuring stuff, that's a survey crew. I grab their information, and convert it to a drawing. Or I give them information to stake out, and they go out and do it.

I played basketball since I was 11 or 12. I played ball in 9th grade. I was the SG on the team but I was only about 5'-9" then. I can still shoot, now I'm 6'-2" I guess I could have played more, but that wasn't for me. I just played for fun. I was out of Highschool at 16, out of college by 18. I only have a 2 year degree but make more money than my brother that is an Engineer. I'm 25, I feel like 40 sometimes, but only about 18 in my brain. Which is pretty bad, some people expect me do act as an adult, while others want the old inmature guy. So it's kinda hard right now to act right. What is sad is that I'm getting to that stage in life where I rather stay home than go out an have fun.

I also have a home sticker decal business thru ebay and I just created my own website. www.davcivicsdecals.com to sell decals online. I mean I just started it yesterday, so there's only like 3 decals in there right now.

I know live in Lake county, with what appears to be Every single senior citizen of this country, gotta love The Villages.....

oh and of course, my name is David

So, you work on CAD, right? Do you get paid a lot for it?

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

I'm an accountant for one of the Big Four! Not much else to say about that LOL!

Is being an accountant hard? or you get online everyday?

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

I'm an accountant for one of the Big Four! Not much else to say about that LOL!

Is being an accountant hard? or you get online everyday?

Its not easy!! The hard part is qualifying though! It gets busier at different periods, there may be a month where I can get online daily but at the moment I am online far less than I used to be because I am so dam busy!

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

I am a granpda 4 times from San Juan, PR in my early sixties. A mediocre baseball second baseman and a burned out pitcher but I managed to play varsity in my junior and senior year. I hated basketball beecause I hated bouncing the ball and running. My best run with stardoom is supporting my only son to three little league national PR championships and two world championships. I have grateful to have been practicing Pediatric Surgery in PR for the last 30 years and now I am becoming good at medical acupuncture with great interest in sport rehabilitation of acute injuries. I keep in shape by hiking and doing some yoga.

Hello. Do you know Jose Ramon Camino? He is also a pediatrician, he has his office in Caguas, but also runs one of the Hospitals in San Juan. I don't remember which one....Well he is my uncle.

Yes, we shared in a private party where he got a recognition from Ethical labs in December.

Cool. It is a small world......He was here last year for about 3 weeks. He went to a Magic game with another friend of his.

I'm a stay at home mom - married 11 years with 2 kids. We own a kart racing team and spend most weekends from April - October at the track.

Though I've never participated in organized sports, I am an absolute sports junkie. I kept stats for the high school football and basketball team for 8 years, and timed the swim meets for 4.

I started attending University of Illinois football and basketball games when I was 3 years old. For about 10 years, we attended every home and away Illini football game - until my brother entered high school and his football schedule overlapped the Illini's. My parent's again have season tickets and I go when I can. My husband and son aren't as interested in football and basketball as my daughter and I - so the girls control the 54" tv on game days!

Raised an Illini, Cubs, Bulls and Bears fan - James Augustine is what brought me to these boards. I signed up within hours of him being drafted. Now that he's becoming a member of the Anaheim Arsenal - I'll watch his development there and hope to see him back in Orlando - or on another team where he will be utilized.

Ok so I guess I'll share. I dont post a lot but i do come and see.

Im 18 from PR and I am currently a college student studing biology. Loving it right now, the college life that is. I love basketball above any team and any players, so I watch everything, NBA, WNBA, NCAA, BSN, international basketball whatever.

Also A big fan of baseball (GO METS) and soccer. My passion is music and I play the guitar. Nothing beats standing in front of a crowd sincronized with other musicians at perfect harmony with the world playing music. The best feeling in the world.

woot! nice thread junkie.. ayt my turn now..

im 22 yrs old and a pure bred Filipino.. i graduated almost a year ago w/ a degree in Nursing(male nurse).. havent taken the NCLEX(board exam) exam yet cause i dont think my knowledge is enough yet so im taking some review classes right now.. currently based in northern California,about 30 mins away north of San Francisco..

im 5'11",a 6'0" w/ shoes on and i played volleyball more than basketball although im an average b-ball player i guess.. was volleyball team captain from junior to senior highschool year.. been to district finals twice(both wins) and to provincial tourneys once(snagged bronze)..

fave players are Kobe and Dwight..

quote:

well, I'm graduating from highschool on March. icon_biggrin.gif

highschool...!! are you the baby of the boards?

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:
fave players are Kobe and Dwight..

Liking one of those players is a sin. Can you guess which one?

lol grew up in LA for 7 years when i wasa a kid so cant hate them lakers man! cant deny that Kobe is probably the closest thing to Jordan man..

quote:
Originally posted by athena:

quote:

well, I'm your boss :-) j/k

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by athena:

quote:

well, I'm your boss :-) j/k

where's my pay cheque? hehe