Sign in to follow this  
Magicman28

Melo to NJ looks likely

Yeah, because every team wants someone who is just going to bail on them when their contact is up. :rolleyes:

Don't act like he has completely no say in the matter.

He really doesn't. He can hint that he's not going to sign the extension but it doesn't stop either team from making a deal, and with the amount of money he'll lose by not signing the extension, he'll also take a hit.

This trade doesn't make much sense for the Nets, IMO. Do they really want Melo for one year THAT bad?

After coming up empty this summer, yeah, they really do.

After coming up empty this summer, yeah, they really do.

You think they're not going to lose anything? They are probably going to have to trade some of their better players for a guy whos gonna stick around for a year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You think they're not going to lose anything? They are probably going to have to trade some of their better players for a guy whos gonna stick around for a year.

I never said it makes sense, but it's something the Nets are willing to do. They're desparate. They failed to land a big name FA this summer so trading for a superstar is not beyond them.

From what I hear, if he agrees to an extension with the Nets this deal may be done. If I were Melo, I wouldn't even think about signing a long term deal to stay with a team that is gutting out their talent to get him there. If he stayed in Denver, that Nuggets team would be better than the Nets would be with this proposed trade.

Melo wanting to go to the Nets is silly. How are the Nets with no Harris or Favors better than the Nuggets? This is Stephon Marbury all over again when he wanted out of Minnesota and got traded to the Nets.

With the Nuggets significantly weaker, the only teams the Lakers have to worry about are the Thunder, Blazers, and Jazz. The West is the new East. Now if Favors turns out to be Garnett or Duncan like Avery Johnson says than the Nuggets will be laughing their asses all the way to the bank while the Nets continue to be bounced in the first round year after year.

Seriously though it makes no sense for Melo.