Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Has Orlando's Window Closed?

We need another creator on the perimeter. Thats all I said and meant.

Right, except you'd be replacing the best playmaker from last year's team. We'd still only have one initiator on the floor, meaning, the team offense could still stagnate if he's the only one creating.

The reason why a lot of teams with 10apg point guards rarely ever win is because you can easily game plan against a team that doesn't have much play making outside of one guy. It happened with LeBron, and as well as nearly every team in the past 20 or so years... you'd have to go back to Thomas/Johnson.

Jameer can be our play maker and scorer, Howard our scorer/go-to guy (usually...), Lewis as our scorer and also a bit of a play maker (underrated passing). We just need to find that other wing to take away so much pressure off of Jameer to create/score. Guys like Manu and Joe Johnson come to mind.

Last year, we couldn't get it out of Vince, just Jameer, and the year before, we couldn't get it out of Jameer (rusty)/Alston (lack of consistency/shafted). Hedo wasn't all that great either... when that happens, you can't just expect to out shoot your opponent without any solid play making.

So really, it's not about getting one guy to handle everything, but several players that can do it well and that we can utilize and maximize depending on the matchups.

With that being said, I'd take Jameer/Iggy/Pietrus/Shard/Howard over Paul/Redick/Pietrus/Shard/Howard any day of the week, unless of course the trade for Iggy involved getting Brand... our wing defense would be INCREDIBLE with that line-up, and our interior defense would continue to be good. We'd have 2 play makers and scorers in Meer/Iggy, two other scorers in Shard/Howard, and a streaky shooter who you can't leave alone.

Actually, what you said was that a 20ppg/10apg player is what we were lacking. I can't speak to what you meant, only what you wrote.

BTW: if you turn my earlier question to be 20ppg/10apg players, rather than just 10apg players, the number drops to 1.

"Sure, Jameer can have his nights but never once has Jameer been a 20ppg scorer or an 10pg player which imo, is what we're lacking. A real creator rather its through distributing or scoring."

Never said 20ppg AND 10 apg player. It was either or plus you took one sentence out of a paragraph.

I think anyone who was for the Paul trade when everyone thought it was gonna happen, agree.

Right, except you'd be replacing the best playmaker from last year's team. We'd still only have one initiator on the floor, meaning, the team offense could still stagnate if he's the only one creating.

I love Meer but theres no comparison between him and Paul as a playmaker.