Sign in to follow this  
Cigam Odnalro

Confirmed: Magic sign Malik Allen Update Pg. 2

To be fair, jec: I'm pretty sure he's from realgm, and I'm almost positive they don't understand irony over there.

Plus, watching people try to talk themselves up over bench players is always kind of funny. Remember the stuff people were writing over on this board when we signed Anthony Johnson a couple years ago?

Excerpt from his 2008 scouting report:

Defense: A solid post defender who uses his frame along with good fundamental defense. Plays tough and tries to contest shots. Can be shot over by bigger opponents at times. Foot speed is not very good on the perimeter, and is a threat to be taken off the dribble. Sometimes has trouble getting out to contest perimeter shots. Shows good awareness and plays solid team defense. Effort level is very good on defensive end in general. Not much of a shot blocking threat. Not a very good rebounder on either end of the floor.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Malik-Allen-1483/#ixzz0zmyEIDTi

solid post defender, can't close people out, can't rebound, can't block shots, gets taken off the dribble, has "good awareness" and plays solid team defense

that's pretty bad. Draft express also are very light on their criticisms.

solid post defender, can't close people out, can't rebound, can't block shots, gets taken off the dribble, has "good awareness" and plays solid team defense

that's pretty bad. Draft express also are very light on their criticisms.

we really can't expect much better from a potential 15th man that may or may not just be around so we can have even teams in case orton decides to foul out of scrimmages then start a fight with Gortat to vent his 0-9 frustrations.

we really can't expect much better from a potential 15th man that may or may not just be around so we can have even teams in case orton decides to foul out of scrimmages then start a fight with Gortat to vent his 0-9 frustrations.

Nah, I don't really care for the signing and really, he's GREAT for a 15th man, but to say he's a solid defender because draftexpress said so 2 years ago isn't really accurate.

I also doubt we even ever see him in a Magic jersey come preseason time, unless he shows to be that good in practice.

There could only be 3 reasons why we signed Malik Allen,

1) We wanted more big man depth to face Miami

2) There's a trade of one of our PFs on the horizon

3) We signed him to take Orton's place since Orton's injured

The way I see it, 1 and 3 are the most likely.

There could only be 3 reasons why we signed Malik Allen,

1) We wanted more big man depth to face Miami

2) There's a trade of one of our PFs on the horizon

3) We signed him to take Orton's place since Orton's injured

The way I see it, 1 and 3 are the most likely.

Really? What about the most obvious one, which is to have a 15 man roster for summer camp and have Allen as another big body to practice with?

Really? What about the most obvious one, which is to have a 15 man roster for summer camp and have Allen as another big body to practice with?

No, that's too obvious. Clearly Otis is planning some blockbuster trade with Allen in the center of it.

pff, and here's a picture of dwight playing some TOUGH defense on kobe

kobe_dunks_over_dwight_howard.jpg

malik allen is an average defender and he'll do fine for training camp. honestly average defense and a dependable, open jumpshot is about all rashard lewis gave us last season, and he's making http://www.salary-mo...ry-21000000.php

Paybacks are a ***** and Malik Allen sux

howard.jpg

I expect this signing is for training camp matchup with Orton, just to keep his confidence in check.

Orton would make Malik look like the 2nd coming of Hakeem. :D