Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

NBA analyst Rich Steinlauf ranks Duhon signing 1 of 5 worst this off-season(S.I.)

Reading the article, it makes it sound like he doubled Nash's worth from last year just cause he felt like it. If he is allowed to do that, then what's the point of his system? And if you look at his rating for Nash before he randomly doubled the number, he's suggesting that having Lebron on your team is worth almost as much as having a Steve Nash-caliber player at every position.

Or more to the point, a system like his that only points out the obvious is useless, particularly when it's specifically bending to unlisted, arbitrary rules.

Not only that, but signing Duhon for 4 million vs signing Duhon for the minimum is negligible when considering the position the team will be in financially during the length of Duhon's contract.

Sometimes it takes more money to grab talent.

• Upvote 1

"He'll make 1.8 even though he'll play like a 4 mil. performer." "he'll make the vet minimum even though his play should make him 5.5 mil"

Um, what?

Pretty much like what DoM- er Hedo said, his little evaluation method is useless.

"he's a good glue guy if he's with a team of scorers"

"salmons and Jennings make a good backcourt, I don't see why this doesn't continue"

is this guy serious? Any idiot who knows anything about the NBA could come up with commentary like this.

That's like saying, Dwight Howard is a good rebounder, posting multiple double doubles this season is not out of the question for him.

We needed a guy with size, vision, and some solid perimeter defense. For the BACKUP position, I think ranking him as the fourth worst signing of this offseason is a little over the top. His salary may be a bit heavy... but in correlation to the role we needed to fill, I think the $1.5 million was well worth the sacrifice.

How Duhon made the list on top of Matthews, JJ, JJ, Rudy Gay, Gooden, using his way of thinking, is beyond me.

How Duhon made the list on top of Matthews, JJ, JJ, Rudy Gay, Gooden, using his way of thinking, is beyond me.

Yeah, you'd think that a player making 5 million more than he should would be worse on this list than a player making 1.5 million more than he should (which I don't agree with). :svgsad: