Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoNKentucky

Would acquiring J.R. Smith be more realistic/likely than acquiring Melo

Like it was said earlier, no JR Smith is not more realistic because A) We have no need for him. B) Why would we want him?

We already have a high talent, volume scoring streaky shooting guard who can dissapear one night then go off the next. I'd rather keep the one who has been in the system longer that the other players like and get along with instead of the guy who is a known headcase and cancer in the locker room. And I'm sure Otis is most likely thinking the same thing.

Like it was said earlier, no JR Smith is not more realistic because A) We have no need for him. B) Why would we want him?

We already have a high talent, volume scoring streaky shooting guard who can dissapear one night then go off the next. I'd rather keep the one who has been in the system longer that the other players like and get along with instead of the guy who is a known headcase and cancer in the locker room. And I'm sure Otis is most likely thinking the same thing.

I'm sure Otiz knows this. So if you had to take JR Smith's contract, which I believe is expiring, to land Melo, wouldn't you? I imagine Otiz would wave JR as soon as he signed him.

JR have no regard to his team mates.. all he care for is himself..

imagine if he will do to dwight what he did with melo.. :svgsad:

100408083015536501.gif

Its more realistic in the sense that they are actively shopping him. Its not realistic in the sense that JR Smith is pretty much Bizzaro JJ. Same basic skill set (plus dunking ability) except a lower bball IQ and selfishness.

Its more realistic in the sense that they are actively shopping him. Its not realistic in the sense that JR Smith is pretty much Bizzaro JJ. Same basic skill set (plus dunking ability) except a lower bball IQ and selfishness.

How is he at all like Redick?

He can shoot the three...but there are many differences. JR has more flair, he is a high paced, high flying energy guy. He is constantly dribbling the ball and would rather hold the ball in order to score than opening up the offense with a pass. Defensively, I don't even want to talk about it.

Redick is a guy that likes to process things on the court. Set him up in the corner, or give him the ball at the top of the key, and you can trust him to make a progressive play 9 out of 10 times. He can PASS and is regarded as one of the better entry passers on our team. He prefers to drive and kick rather than drive and finish, but he can do that too if need be. He is slower off the dribble than JR and less reliable shooting off the dribble. Redick is a great "team" defender and a tolerable but pesky on ball defender (he gets a LOT of help from Dwight).

Offsensivly, this is more high volume scoring vs. efficiency. From a coaching standpoint, I would be much more nervous when the ball is in the hands of JR opposed to JJ.

By the way, I just needed something to write when I came across your post B) . This weather is terrible.

There are certain players that just shouldn't play for Stan. JR and Stan would create enough drama to make a somewhat interesting reality show.

I'm sure Otiz knows this. So if you had to take JR Smith's contract, which I believe is expiring, to land Melo, wouldn't you? I imagine Otiz would wave JR as soon as he signed him.

If any deal had Melo in it and Dwight wasn't being asked for then I would say yes to it.

If any deal had Melo in it and Dwight wasn't being asked for then I would say yes to it.

Any deal? No. I'm a firm believer that Melo isn't worth the max deal and giving up our core group of guys for him would not be a good deal.

Any deal? No. I'm a firm believer that Melo isn't worth the max deal and giving up our core group of guys for him would not be a good deal.

melo is worth a max deal.

I know your stance behind saying that he isn't worth the max, but it's not practical to think that way. With guys like Joe Johnson and Rudy Gay getting max deals you can't be against Melo getting one.

melo is worth a max deal.

I know your stance behind saying that he isn't worth the max, but it's not practical to think that way. With guys like Joe Johnson and Rudy Gay getting max deals you can't be against Melo getting one.

Meh, maybe in today's NBA, but there are only a few deals I would be okay with involving Melo, and if I was the owner of the Nuggets, I would not offer him the max contract next year, even if he decided to stay. Then again, I wouldn't have offered JJ, Gay, Amar'e, Amir Johnson, Wesley Matthews, and company, any of that money...

Perhaps, if it meant keeping Howard and if it bettered the team, I'd offer Melo the max contract (whether it was from an extend and trade or once his contract was up), but that's mainly because it's almost as if the league owners themselves have tainted the max contract and it's not so much about how much a player really is worth but how much you're willing to spend to keep him. I understand it's been like this for awhile, but if I was an owner myself, and saw that this player wouldn't really contribute enough to my team to warrant a max contract (Amar'e, Gay, JJ, Melo with the Nuggets or Melo with us if we had to give up Wince/Nelson/Pietrus/Gortat), I wouldn't do it.

Denver Nuggets small forward J.R. Smith was involved in an altercation at the team's practice facility on Aug. 13, when police arrived after a player not associated with the Nuggets claimed to have been attacked by the mercurial 24-year-old.

After numerous sources told FanHouse of the incident, the Denver Police Department confirmed it on Wednesday afternoon.

"We did have a report of an altercation that took place at the Denver Nuggets' practice facility," Detective John White of the Denver Police Department told FanHouse by phone. "That case was investigated and ultimately presented to the district attorney's office. ... Ultimately, the district attorney's office, after being presented with the findings by the Denver Police Department, decided not to pursue charges.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/08/25/police-j-r-smith-involved-in-altercation-at-nuggets-practice-f/

Let's get this guy!