Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

We will have Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony by 2012

Today KB reports the following to the F&R Blog via email in the evolving Melo-camp discussions:

Anthony's hesitation to sign a three-year, $65 million extension with the Nuggets goes beyond his desire to enjoy the major-market exposure and pressure that LeBron James and Dwyane Wade turned down this summer. Melo would accept other destinations as well, and the Magic are believed to be at the top of his list along with the Knicks, according to a person familiar with his strategy.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/23943102

The only logical thing to say is that we should expect a Paul/Melo/Howard trio in the future. Otis signed Shard to that huge contract and made payroll adjustments so that 2012 is our big year in free agency. Don't ask me how it will work because I'm not as smart as Otis.

Book it. Cook it.

Buh bye Miami triforce. Link is gonna slice ya with his MAGIC sword, make sense amirite.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

http://www.cbssports...748484/23943102

The only logical thing to say is that we should expect a Paul/Melo/Howard trio in the future. Otis signed Shard to that huge contract and made payroll adjustments so that 2012 is our big year in free agency. Don't ask me how it will work because I'm not as smart as Otis.

Book it. Cook it.

Buh bye Miami triforce. Link is gonna slice ya with his MAGIC sword, make sense amirite.

If Nelson comes out with something to prove this year with all the trade speculation and eventually proves it...I think a trio of Melo/Howard/Nelson can be a championship team (not saying we arent this year). I always had a good feeling about Carmelo coming here next year. Eventually Carmelo will see Orlando will be a much better choice than New York, in terms of winning a championship. We can give Carmelo ALL of Vinces contract money to signing him next year. I believe he would make more than LeBron/Bosh/Wade and he would play next to Dwight.

Unless New York snags Carmelo at some weird time, I've always had a great feeling Melo is signing here next summer.

http://www.cbssports...748484/23943102

Book it. Cook it.

Link never actually slices the Triforce in any of those games. At least not that I can remember. Also, who is Link in that metaphor? And who's Zelda? Ganon? That ****ing owl thing?

Also: I'm glad we're talking about LoZ now, since the Triforce is a pretty sweet metaphor for anything you want.

. We can give Carmelo ALL of Vinces contract money to signing him next year.

Unless New York snags Carmelo at some weird time, I've always had a great feeling Melo is signing here next summer.

It doesn't work that way pal. :svgsad:

It doesn't work that way pal. smile_svgsad.png

What u mean Jareth? I thought when Vince's contract expires we would have all that money to spend. Maybe I dont understand really how that works can you explain please?

What u mean Jareth? I thought when Vince's contract expires we would have all that money to spend. Maybe I dont understand really how that works can you explain please?

Not unless we're signing Carmelo as a free agent in 1992.

We are above the salary cap despite Vince coming off the books next year.

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/magic.jsp

Just because we get rid of that contract, doesn't mean we magically have that money to spend.