Sign in to follow this  
magicLA

NOLA trades Collison = no CP3 to Magic?

Man a lot of people were still holding on to hope......can't blame them but the chances of getting Cp3 went to zero weeks ago to me......Don't get Trevor Ariza though i guess he brings defense to that team

• Upvote 1

they definitely got short changed ...they are gonna be pretty decent but doubtfully enough to keep CP3 - though they still have Peja's big expiring

CP3

Thorton/Belinelli

Ariza/Peja

West

Okafor

I kinda hope something like this happens http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2c3hchr though it never would.

they definitely got short changed ...they are gonna be pretty decent but doubtfully enough to keep CP3 - though they still have Peja's big expiring

CP3

Thorton/Belinelli

Ariza/Peja

West

Okafor

thats a decent team, albeit lacking depth. They are still in the GS/LAC territory out west though.

Good. Finally we can move the hell on from this dumb fantasy that has plagued this board for the past two months.

I thought we had already moved on and I don't see how this trade contradicts those rumors.

in what way?

Forget the fact that netting ben gordon would be giving us the shortest backcourt in the league, and one of the worst defensively...and wrap your head around giving a borderline starter/backup type player 48 million dollars over the next 4 years. That is horrible in its own right. Furthermore he is streaky at best, although has had some good games against us so I can see why a Magic fan would think its a good trade. Detroit would be doing backflips over that, knowing that they shnookered the Magic again.

I dont mind getting Prince, except that he is more or less done imho. He is expiring, but we would be trading expiring deals to get him(Vince), and Vince brings monetary value in the form of expiring AND he sells tix AND he can still play. Prince is declining, fast. I would love him on this team if he gets bought out after being traded and comes to us for a prorated contract for a playoff run though.

edit:^ or if we get Prince in a package for a longterm deal like Shard(wishful thinking though)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It is good to see Indiana come out on top of a trade, they have been down for too long. This is exactly what they needed to make a push. They could very well make a run at the 8th seed with Collison on board. A lot of it will probably depend on whether Hibbert makes strides this year. Although, who is their starting PF going to be now...Hansbrough? I doubt it.

and Vince brings monetary value in the form of expiring AND he sells tix AND he can still play.

Dwight sells tickets. When I go to Magic games I look forward to seeing Dwight, not Half-man, Half-retired.

Dwight sells tickets. When I go to Magic games I look forward to seeing Dwight, not Half-man, Half-retired.

i go to watch half-hedo, half-pizza pie