Sign in to follow this  
howard is a beast

What Vince Carter Can Do

a small player like jj is perfect against boston. everybody knows he plays his best against boston. jj is good, but he would not be good against every team in the league. if vinces jumper had of been falling they wouldnt have been able to do anything with him. i dont think we would have won the series though. case in point, game 6, vince was balling, and we still were getting blowed out. dont look as his overall numbers because the last couple of shots came when the game was decided, but prior to that he was bringing us back. The orlando magic didnt bring their A game against the boston celtics, and vince carter is a member of the orlando magic so he deserves blame, but the crucifixion is what i have a problem with.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

a small player like jj is perfect against boston. everybody knows he plays his best against boston. jj is good, but he would not be good against every team in the league. if vinces jumper had of been falling they wouldnt have been able to do anything with him. i dont think we would have won the series though. case in point, game 6, vince was balling, and we still were getting blowed out. dont look as his overall numbers because the last couple of shots came when the game was decided, but prior to that he was bringing us back. The orlando magic didnt bring their A game against the boston celtics, and vince carter is a member of the orlando magic so he deserves blame, but the crucifixion is what i have a problem with.

Redick plays best against Toronto, I thought everyone knew that :lol:

6-15 is balling? Wow.

Well, Vince was balling compared to everyone else during the 2nd quarter of Game 6. Vince was keeping us within striking distance when no one else could get anything going. Then Jameer came in and started running the offense and decided to not ride VC's hot hand. (Don't call me a Jameer hater, I just feel that he should have stuck with Vince during that time. I remember yelling at the TV saying "Give the ball to Vince!!!) After that, Vince lost his hot hand and went back into "Wince" mode. Game 6 is one of the main reasons I feel that the "Vince has no heart" argument is invalid.

• Downvote 1

Well, Vince was balling compared to everyone else during the 2nd quarter of Game 6. Vince was keeping us within striking distance when no one else could get anything going. Then Jameer came in and started running the offense and decided to not ride VC's hot hand. (Don't call me a Jameer hater, I just feel that he should have stuck with Vince during that time. I remember yelling at the TV saying "Give the ball to Vince!!!) After that, Vince lost his hot hand and went back into "Wince" mode. Game 6 is one of the main reasons I feel that the "Vince has no heart" argument is invalid.

Oh, so he was balling in comparison to people who weren't playing well... still doesn't mean he was "balling". Shooting 40% isn't balling, and the argument that "well play X didn't play well" doesn't help anyone's case. It's like saying someone killing another person isn't really bad because Hitler killed millions.

After the 1st half, Vince went 2-7 and it's not because they "stopped going to him", it's because Howard was far more efficient and the times that Wince did get the ball, he'd do something stupid with it.

The fact that Jameer Nelson outrebounded Carter in that series tells you just how much heart the guy has.

• Upvote 1

Oh, so he was balling in comparison to people who weren't playing well... still doesn't mean he was "balling". Shooting 40% isn't balling, and the argument that "well play X didn't play well" doesn't help anyone's case. It's like saying someone killing another person isn't really bad because Hitler killed millions.

His performance for the whole game was not "balling", but Vince was balling in the 2nd quarter. He was making shots and attacking. Basically all I'm trying to say.

Oh, okay... how's this? Wince was not terrible for ALL of the series. He was good in game 1 and for 1/4th of game 6.

• Upvote 1

It's precisely because you refer to him as "my boy" that no one will take any of your complaining about the criticism he receives seriously.

i could care less what you do. who are you? let me see if im gonna lose any sleep over you. hmmmmmmmmmmmm no

• Downvote 2

It's precisely because you refer to him as "my boy" that no one will take any of your complaining about the criticism he receives seriously.

what can your criticism get you? do you have a way of making your complaints known to otis? what are you going to do if vc stays? btw d howard is my boy too. now what?

• Downvote 2

Oh, okay... how's this? Wince was not terrible for ALL of the series. He was good in game 1 and for 1/4th of game 6.

All I'm saying. I never said he was anything other than atrocious for the rest of the series.