Sign in to follow this  
howard is a beast

What Vince Carter Can Do

Nah, Jameer's more effective at penetrating the lane, which causes defenses to collapse which causes open 3s. In order for Vince to become a play maker he would still have to do what we've been wanting him to do this entire time, which would be to drive to the hoop more consistently.

Ideally you'd have Jameer AND Wince taking care of play making and scoring, a lot like Parker/Manu did.

I think VC would drive to the hoop a lot more if he got into really good shape. But does Vince have the drive for that?

I think VC would drive to the hoop a lot more if he got into really good shape. But does Vince have the drive for that?

Any individual has the power to get into good shape. I guess Vince needs to re-invent himself if he decides to shy away from contact. IMO, he needs to tighten his game and study ways he can pick apart a defense. More time hitting the weights wouldn't do him harm though.

I just wish we had the Vince Carter with hair.

• Downvote 1

shooter' date='12 August 2010 - 12:20 AM' timestamp='1281586817' post='567890']

Any individual has the power to get into good shape. I guess Vince needs to re-invent himself if he decides to shy away from contact. IMO, he needs to tighten his game and study ways he can pick apart a defense. More time hitting the weights wouldn't do him harm though.

His problem isn't ability, it's drive, heart, mind set. Whatever you want to call it, that elusive quality that pushes the top talent over the edge seems to be missing from his DNA.

• Upvote 2

not trying to bust your bubble or anything, but if everyone would have read the article, it would show you that vince drove to the hole, a lot more

than people think he did. it also said that he was one of the best post and isolation players in the league. you have to read the whole article, not just what is posted up here. he even drove in the boston series, but he wasnt getting the calls, but that was last year.

• Downvote 2

not trying to bust your bubble or anything, but if everyone would have read the article, it would show you that vince drove to the hole, a lot more

than people think he did. it also said that he was one of the best post and isolation players in the league. you have to read the whole article, not just what is posted up here. he even drove in the boston series, but he wasnt getting the calls, but that was last year.

thumbs-up10.gif Very true

I read the whole article, but it still doesn't change the fact that Vince probably took at least 2 fadeaways for every time he drove in the playoffs. And by saying "he even drove in the Boston series", proves that he doesn't do it consistently enough for anyone to count on him to drive.

• Upvote 1

I read the whole article, but it still doesn't change the fact that Vince probably took at least 2 fadeaways for every time he drove in the playoffs. And by saying "he even drove in the Boston series", proves that he doesn't do it consistently enough for anyone to count on him to drive.

you probably would have dunked on perkins and kg right? drove and kept not getting the calls so your field goal percentage would be terrible, and you and anybody else would be frustrated. lets face it man, kobe only shot 40 percent against boston. we can be sour all we want, but vince has to do better next year, and hopefully he can get some foul calls. he is an 8 time allstar, he deserves foul calls. and just imagine if dwight got the calls he deserves. we would stay at the line.

• Downvote 1

you probably would have dunked on perkins and kg right? drove and kept not getting the calls so your field goal percentage would be terrible, and you and anybody else would be frustrated. lets face it man, kobe only shot 40 percent against boston. we can be sour all we want, but vince has to do better next year, and hopefully he can get some foul calls. he is an 8 time allstar, he deserves foul calls. and just imagine if dwight got the calls he deserves. we would stay at the line.

Yes, let's blame all of Vince's deficiencies on the refs. Vince should just deal with it. It's the NBA, not some YMCA league. But this brings me back to the original point, if Vince got in good shape, then he would be able to drive more, because he wouldn't get banged up as easily.

Main reason why Carter's FG% was terrible was because he was incredible inefficient from inside AND from jump shots. He connected on 31.7% of his total jumpshots (in the whole playoffs). 42.8% from midrange and 23.5% from 3pt range. That's awful. Add that to the fact that he only made 48% of his close and inside shots, as well as his matador defense and well... you've got a pretty bad (overall) playoff performance.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

All the way through the Boston series I was screaming at my big screen for SVG to get VC off the court. I love SVG as our coach but I blame ANY COACH that keeps somebody on the court in the playoffs that not only isn't shooting well, but is also turning the ball over and a liability on defense. As player/coach in a county league I played in I took myself out of the game many times when I was not hitting my threes and I couldn't shut down my man.

• Upvote 1

Main reason why Carter's FG% was terrible was because he was incredible inefficient from inside AND from jump shots. He connected on 31.7% of his total jumpshots (in the whole playoffs). 42.8% from midrange and 23.5% from 3pt range. That's awful. Add that to the fact that he only made 48% of his close and inside shots, as well as his matador defense and well... you've got a pretty bad (overall) playoff performance.

Totally agree. Vince is relying to much on his jump shot, especially at the end of the season. Vince needs to focus in April and in the playoffs. We do not need him jacking up stupid shots at the end of the year. We need him as slasher and a reliable thread from the midrange. We already have Rashard, Peaches, JJ etc. at the 3-pt line, no need for one more. Please Vince drive to the basket, especially in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1