Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

What's More Important?

I don't care. . .

. . .If you don't take my thread seriously. Btw, yes I do! :rolleyes:

WHAT'S MORE IMPORTANT TO YOU?. . .

*The Magic winning an NBA championship or watching great/entertaining "true blue" Magic basketball*

I love a good game of basketball. I was born and raised in Florida and still reside here. Before the Orlando Magic franchise was established, I was a huge fan of the LA Lakers back in the day (Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, James Worthy, Byron Scott, Michael Cooper). That team was fun to watch, especially the magician himself, Magic Johnson.

I know you might say that Jabbar's team won championships. Of course they did, but there was a stretch of seasons when they did not win NBA Champship Titles with that group (from 1988 thru 1999). Kareem was not with the Lakers at that time. He retired at the end of the 1988-89 season. Other teams started winning the title, such as the Detroit Pistons (Isaiah Thomas' team), Houston Rockets (Hakeem Olajuwon's team), the Bulls, and then the Spurs, etc.

Magic Johnson was still with the Lakers, and for me, it didn't matter that they were no longer winning the national title. They remained in the top 2 or 3 in the league. I enjoyed watching them. It was like watching the Harlem Globetrotters but on a professional level. They were still a really good team.

I would love for the Orlando Magic to win a championship(s). But I started thinking about how far the team has come, and how fortunate we as fans are now. There are 30 NBA teams, and how many of those teams have not even won 1 division title, let alone make it into the playoffs.

I don't like losing either, but in recent years the Magic have been winning a ton of games and at the same time so much fun to watch, with Dwight Howard leading the way.

POLL:

(Sorry, I don't know how to do the poll thingy, so just go ahead and reply in your own words or or type a number for your selection)

QUESTION: What's important to you?

1. All I care about is winning a championship at all cost.

2. If the Magic does not win a championship, it's alright with me. . . . However. . .

3. I would not mind if the Magic does not win a championship as long as they bring it every night and stay above .500.

4. Winning a championship would be nice, but I love the Magic because they are entertaining and fun to watch.

5. It's in my blood. . .it's all or nothing. . . and I must face the fact that I need help. :headbang:

6. Other

*ALRIGHT, BEFORE YOU GET "CRAZY" ABOUT MY TOPIC. . .I'M NOT NOT TRYING TO CHANGE ANYONE'S MIND OR PERSPECTIVE. I'M STILL A DIEHARD MAGIC FAN.*

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I'd say, after getting so close? A championship would be really nice. As long as it's not a choke job and they go down fighting...

But yeah: it would be nice to actually see the Magic win something after being a fan since '89.

I'd say, after getting so close? A championship would be really nice. As long as it's not a choke job and they go down fighting...

But yeah: it would be nice to actually see the Magic win something after being a fan since '89.

Yeah, if we get one i wouldn't really care if we won another one for 50 years. Just need that one that i can see during my lifetime.

Yeah, if we get one i wouldn't really care if we won another one for 50 years. Just need that one that i can see during my lifetime.

This: I mean, Miami could never win another one and they can still point at it and say "We won a championship." All we can say is that we have been to two and lost both.

6. What's most important to me at the moment is trying to find out why you chose to embed the youtube video for that godawful song twice.

Hedos', I'm sorry you don't like the youtube video. The first picture of the youtube video (at the beginning of the thread) is a "still" picture. The one at the bottom of my thread is the actual video.

I HAVE DELETED THE VIDEO!

Edit: For those who did not see the video, it was the song "Do You Believe In Magic?" by the group 'The Loving Spoonfuls'.

Even after Showtime & the Big 3 in Boston had won their last title, they remained in the hunt for several seasons. The passion seems to fall off when that hope dissipates as it is beginning to in San Antiono. Nothing is more boring than mediocrity.

I think fans support their team most passionately when they are competitive and have a reasonable expectation of achieving the ultimate goal, even if its in the future ala OKC.

The caveat is college sports. Not every program has the same ultimate potential and lesser goals carrying greater program value. For example, I've heard Spurrier claim winning the ACC championship with Duke was a greater accomplishment than winning the NC w/UF, and I agree.

If the team is always playing hard and is entertaining to watch, I could not care any less. With that being said, if the team has talent (such as the current team), I fully expect this team to be in contention. Most importantly, as long as the players are playing up to expectation and giving their all when it matters, it's all right. I would rather see a team with mediocre talent playing their hearts out than a team with a lot of talent half-assing it. Championships are just a bonus, I can't and don't get emotionally involved to the point where I'm breaking things and really getting sad over it.