Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Official NCAA Football 2010 Season Thread

you lost me at stud recruiting class.

For a C-USA team that didn't have much hype around it at all, the 2010 class GOL brought in is most deffinitely a 'stud' recruiting class. Guys like Godfrey, Torrian Wilson, Joshua Reece, Cornelius Whitehead, were all being recruited by schools like Florida, Florida State, South Florida, and Miami (you can also throw in a few other schools like Georgia, Nebraska, Tennessee, and South Carolina).

Those were 4 and 3 star athletes that UCF normally just never managed to get. Players with real talent and speed that have come in during their freshmen years and made an impact (or in the case of Godfrey, just absolutely taken over the team).

Compared to the bigger schools yeah it's so so. In C-USA though, that 2010 class may have just put UCF over the top to dominate that conference.

And besides, it will only get better when UCF joins the Big East anyway.

trey, stop being an idiot. we lost because vt was better and more experienced. next year all of our freshman and sophomores will be juniors and sophomores and we'll win the conference.

Yeah VT is a better team, but we still could've won. That defense looked like Mickey's, we refused to cover that white kid. It would be one thing if he was burning people to get open, but that wasn't the case.

Yeah VT is a better team, but we still could've won. That defense looked like Mickey's, we refused to cover that white kid. It would be one thing if he was burning people to get open, but that wasn't the case.

our d-line was tired. they've played more snaps then they should have. Our safeties still suck. Don't hate on the guy who turned around our defense in one year.

From reading your posts, you clearly do not understand or appreciate how Stoops has brought us from being the last ranked defense to inside the top half of college football in 1 season.

The FSU defensive line is completely worn down due to lack of depth. The safety play you are referring to is blown coverages caused by mental mistakes by first year starters. There is nothing in Stoops's zone pattern read defense that is like Mickey Andrews man scheme. Stoops disguises coverages and blitzes to prevent easy pre snap reads. Yu are probably frustrated due to the loss, but va tech is the better team this year. We will win the ACC next year when the proper players are starting on D and most have a year of a brand new scheme under their belts.

From reading your posts, you clearly do not understand or appreciate how Stoops has brought us from being the last ranked defense to inside the top half of college football in 1 season.

The FSU defensive line is completely worn down due to lack of depth. The safety play you are referring to is blown coverages caused by mental mistakes by first year starters. There is nothing in Stoops's zone pattern read defense that is like Mickey Andrews man scheme. Stoops disguises coverages and blitzes to prevent easy pre snap reads. Yu are probably frustrated due to the loss, but va tech is the better team this year. We will win the ACC next year when the proper players are starting on D and most have a year of a brand new scheme under their belts.

Trey tends to view sports in a single frame hyper-emotional state.

Meyer knows Jimbo has taken over the state and can't handle it. He will use "health issues" as an excuse, but will really wait out the Notre Dame job to open back up.

Big picture, I appreciate what Stoops has done. What pissed me off was being at the game, I can see the whole field and see the play breakdown just a little bit better than I can on TV (since TV only shows where the ball is). I can tell you from watching every play break down in front of me, we intentionally refused to do anything about that white kid. We LET him do whatever he wanted, and that pissed me off.

Big picture, I appreciate what Stoops has done. What pissed me off was being at the game, I can see the whole field and see the play breakdown just a little bit better than I can on TV (since TV only shows where the ball is). I can tell you from watching every play break down in front of me, we intentionally refused to do anything about that white kid. We LET him do whatever he wanted, and that pissed me off.

We have moved on to mocking CUMeyer retiring again from football like a flakey loser who knows Jimbo has taken over FL.

CUMeyer? What?

Most coaches are pretty obsessive and passionate but Urban has always seemed to take it to another level. There's no doubt that 25 years of coaching that way has taken a toll on him both physically and mentally. Do I think the fact that we sucked this year made it easier for him to leave? Absolutely. I can see how some people (even quite a few of the people I saw on campus today) would label him a "quitter" but it's clear that we're gonna be rebuilding (somewhat) for at least the next couple of years. If he thinks this is the right time to step down after all he's done for the university I think that is fine.

College football is cyclic. FSU was down and now seems to be on the verge of reemerging. We were on top for a while and now we're in a lull. Why don't we try to be logical and think through these things before we starting throwing out superlatives and saying things like "CUMeyer". I don't even know what that means.

CUMeyer? What?

Most coaches are pretty obsessive and passionate but Urban has always seemed to take it to another level. There's no doubt that 25 years of coaching that way has taken a toll on him both physically and mentally. Do I think the fact that we sucked this year made it easier for him to leave? Absolutely. I can see how some people (even quite a few of the people I saw on campus today) would label him a "quitter" but it's clear that we're gonna be rebuilding (somewhat) for at least the next couple of years. If he thinks this is the right time to step down after all he's done for the university I think that is fine.

College football is cyclic. FSU was down and now seems to be on the verge of reemerging. We were on top for a while and now we're in a lull. Why don't we try to be logical and think through these things before we starting throwing out superlatives and saying things like "CUMeyer". I don't even know what that means.

College football has the worst fans in the world. I barely watch the sport anymore because I can't stand talking to people about it.

• Upvote 1