Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Official NCAA Football 2010 Season Thread

Agree with you on pretty much all points there Lewis on what needs to be done. I think fans won't be much of the problem, will loose all of the bandwagon jumpers of course, but actual bull gators who have been with the university for years are pretty patient folk (christ we put up with the Zooker for years and his only good spot was recruiting).

On a side note, you know who the big winners are right now? UCF, FSU, and USF. With Miami and Florida both now having vacant head coaching seats, their is a huge chance for these three schools (FSU more then anyone) to jump in and steal some higher recruits who jump ship). UCF can really come up big in recruiting with a win over Georgia in the Liberty Bowl, this being so far the schools best football season ever, and hype over them jumping to the BCS being at an all time high.

Agree with you on pretty much all points there Lewis on what needs to be done. I think fans won't be much of the problem, will loose all of the bandwagon jumpers of course, but actual bull gators who have been with the university for years are pretty patient folk (christ we put up with the Zooker for years and his only good spot was recruiting).

On a side note, you know who the big winners are right now? UCF, FSU, and USF. With Miami and Florida both now having vacant head coaching seats, their is a huge chance for these three schools (FSU more then anyone) to jump in and steal some higher recruits who jump ship). UCF can really come up big in recruiting with a win over Georgia in the Liberty Bowl, this being so far the schools best football season ever, and hype over them jumping to the BCS being at an all time high.

the only guys we might take from uf are Jernigan and pop saunders. Miami might be going downhill for a while. they aren't an attractive destination for coaches. they averaged 25k attendance, they don't have an on campus stadium, they don't have a lot of money to throw around.

UCF needs to get eli rogers.

Don't hate on the Knights. There the best football and basketball team in the state.

Yeah. I went there.

You went to what, being dumber than Jemele Hill?

CUMeyer? What?

Most coaches are pretty obsessive and passionate but Urban has always seemed to take it to another level. There's no doubt that 25 years of coaching that way has taken a toll on him both physically and mentally. Do I think the fact that we sucked this year made it easier for him to leave? Absolutely. I can see how some people (even quite a few of the people I saw on campus today) would label him a "quitter" but it's clear that we're gonna be rebuilding (somewhat) for at least the next couple of years. If he thinks this is the right time to step down after all he's done for the university I think that is fine.

College football is cyclic. FSU was down and now seems to be on the verge of reemerging. We were on top for a while and now we're in a lull. Why don't we try to be logical and think through these things before we starting throwing out superlatives and saying things like "CUMeyer". I don't even know what that means.

Relax, it means Coach Urban Meyer.

And as for name calling, the garbage I heard from UF fans the past few years far outweighs anything i have ever posted here. Obviously not all UF fans are like that, but it got old and ridiculous to hear it all the time from Gators who wouldn't dare acknowledge what you just did, that it is a cyclical process. As for throwing our superlatives, we are now the best team in FL and Urban Meyer knew his staff could not measure up to what Jimbo assembled. I am sure the new UF staff will be a lot better and Fsu and UF will have some epic wars over thenext few years. But the way Urban Meyer conducted business ( using extreme arrogance that alienated him from other NCAA coaches) the way he handled losing, and the way he flaked twice in less than a year shows a lack of character. If gator fans want to wear blinders to that, fine. But it will be a black mark on his career as a coach.

As for UF's next coach, i would be surpassed if they get Stoops. Personally, I think they should go after Chris Peterson. He is just an amazing coach and would be scary in Florida. I wanted him or Fisher for FSU. He may be willing to make the jump because BSU is probably never gong to get into a BCS title game.

Don't hate on the Knights. There the best football and basketball team in the state.

Yeah. I went there.

In football? No they aren't...and I have a lot of respect for the UCF program.

Yeah. I went there.

You need to schedule and beat at least 1 of the big 3 in the state before you can even entertain a thought like that.

Interesting fact:FSU played the toughest defensive schedule in the nation by far this year. 9 teams they played finished in the top 50 in total defense and 3 were in the top 7. FSU's offense finished #7.