Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Official NFL 2010 Season Thread

Singletary, please resign and take Alex with you to some hopeless franchise

"I am nowhere near that point," Singletary said. "When I look at Alex, I see growing pains of not just Alex Smith, but our team. I think Alex has done a decent job and going forward he's only going to get better. Hopefully we're at a point right now where everybody is growing up."

This makes me sick...

especially since David Carr, with a bit of protection, is at least average. He wont ever light it up, but when I saw him on the Giants last year I saw some things that would make him a decent starter. He could be a Kerry Collins type of guy.

I think David Carr is ruined from the beatings he took in Houston back when the Texans were brand new and had a pathetic OL. I saw him play with the Panthers and he stunk it up big. The 49ers obviously need a QB. Maybe they can draft Andrew Luck or Ryan Mallett.

I think David Carr is ruined from the beatings he took in Houston back when the Texans were brand new and had a pathetic OL. I saw him play with the Panthers and he stunk it up big. The 49ers obviously need a QB. Maybe they can draft Andrew Luck or Ryan Mallett.

Luck would be good. Mallett has too many character concerns to draft high. Russell Wilson would be my #2 choice. I like Ponder over Mallett as a prospect too, but not for SF. Ponder has an inconsistent deep ball and I think SF is trying to develop a more vertical passing game to go along with Gore on the ground. Ponder would be a good pick for Jax, Cleveland, Kansas City, or Seattle (who have players that are built for an intermediate and short passing game) and Buffalo (who really just needs somebody to step up)

Luck would be good. Mallett has too many character concerns to draft high. Russell Wilson would be my #2 choice. I like Ponder over Mallett as a prospect too, but not for SF. Ponder has an inconsistent deep ball and I think SF is trying to develop a more vertical passing game to go along with Gore on the ground. Ponder would be a good pick for Jax, Cleveland, Kansas City, or Seattle (who have players that are built for an intermediate and short passing game) and Buffalo (who really just needs somebody to step up)

If I'm the 49ers, I go for vet over drafting a QB, bc I believe I have a good enough team to win now with the right guy behind center. Hell, I'd go out all for Vick at this point.

I think Luck is going to end up being the #1 pick in the draft, by the Bills. Mallett will go somewhere in round one, IMO. Some team will also take a chance on Jake Locker in the 2nd because of his physical tools, but he's really not that impressive on the field.

Shady McCoy is a beast, fav player to watch in the league right now. Once Vick is back Philly run game will be nasty.

Not Mallett. I would draft a lot of QB's over him. I don't think he's NFL ready. He's wayyy too inaccurate and he can't take a hit. And if he can't take a hit at the college level, how is he going to take a hit at the NFL level?

did anyone else see the disgusting call at the end of the Fins game? Refereeing has been plain awful this year, firstly the ref giving the TD when Ben clearly fumbled it over the line, then as a result of that they IGNORE the fact Francis comes out with the fricking ball and and say they couldn't see who recovered therefore its 4th down...... on top of that 3 Dolphins jumped on the dam ball first.

When the hell can they ever see who recovers on replay! Is it just me or is the refereeing getting more and more like the NBA everyday. Screw job! Sick of the league favoring teams like the Steelers, Pats and Colts