Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Official NFL 2010 Season Thread

well when javid best decides he's going to go from 36 total yards in week one to 230+ yards and 3 touchdowns in week two you're gonna have a good day.

Nobody's gonna come near 175 points again. You gotta have the perfect storm of team matchups.

Thanks for scheduling potentially one of my biggest games of the season the week that Chris Johnson plays the only team that bothers him.

This season has been up and down in a big way already, I had Forte go off for 35 in week 1 with Welker and Nicks getting 24 and 27 on my bench! None of your big weapons fired yesterday which helped me as Brady was pretty average and Turner went down injured.

Osprey that was a serious beatdown on Chase but Lewis is right, I don't see anyone topping 175 anytime soon!

Awesome start by the Fins, all that investment in the defense is looking good so far. Would like to see the offense start to fire though as it has been pretty average so far.

Fins 2-0 baby

And I just put the beat down on Chase today. 175 points.

I can't catch a break. C'mon Gore! Bring home 70 pts tonight!!!!!!

This season has been up and down in a big way already, I had Forte go off for 35 in week 1 with Welker and Nicks getting 24 and 27 on my bench! None of your big weapons fired yesterday which helped me as Brady was pretty average and Turner went down injured.

Osprey that was a serious beatdown on Chase but Lewis is right, I don't see anyone topping 175 anytime soon!

Awesome start by the Fins, all that investment in the defense is looking good so far. Would like to see the offense start to fire though as it has been pretty average so far.

osprey's performance bodes well for his future though. I went for 183 last year and ended up winning it all.

Lewis, CJ is going up against your Giants next week, thats going to be a little bittersweet if he goes off.

CJ is going to go off. The Giants don't have the personnel to contain him.

If the O-line figures out how to block someone long enough to let Eli at least consider his second passing option then the giants should be able to put up some points. With at least decent protection Eli/Nicks/Smith/Manningham/Bradshaw is a threat to put up 30+ points. CJ with a questionable vince young cant put up that.

Damn you 49ers! :svgsad:

Would've been cool to see the Bucs in 1st place by themselves. :shard:

They almost had it. Saints are still winning but there are certainly some holes in that team that another good team could take advantage of.

Not to take any blame from Alex's awful play, constant screen passes and his daily average of 2 game-changing ints.

But Nate Clements takes all the blame here. Returning an INT, with 1 min left, to their red zone, winning by 1. If he slides or goes out of bounds, we run out the clock and win. But no. He goes for the TD. Nobody lets him know Roddy White was coming on like a beast from behind. Being a Niners fan, you are starting to get used to this crap.

Of course, Matt Ryan has the ball in his 8, in 30 secs he puts them in field goal range, and they win.

I hope we get a top 3 pick next year and get a REAL Qb. I mean, someone who can make a pass more than 10 yards and actually complete it.

Niners fans will not be very picky on their next QB after seeing this mistake-making-machine, Alex Smith.

The train keeps rolling after a small bump last week. Special thanks go out to the Peyton brothers (Hillis and Manning) and the San Diego defense. 28 frickin points for a defense?

The train keeps rolling after a small bump last week. Special thanks go out to the Peyton brothers (Hillis and Manning) and the San Diego defense. 28 frickin points for a defense?

yeah, this was the week of "OMG 9 sacks? 4 turnovers? Couldn't spread out that performance over a couple weeks?" defenses

If the Vikes GM bring in Moss, as being reported, that would be the kind of excellent, ballsy move we always expect our GM's to do.

The guy is clearly going all in in Brett's last season (probably), and he knows there is not one definitive unbeatable team. The NFC is wide open, with Saints, Packers, Vikings being the most legitimate contenders.

There is nothing special going on in the AFC either, where Steelers (my pick for SB champion), Colts, Patriots, Ravens and Jets are the most powerful teams, but all of them have several weaknesses.

Bringing Moss would give that team a lot of air, Peterson will have more room to run, and Favre will improve his numbers. I would definitely put them as SB contender if this finally happens.

If the Vikes GM bring in Moss, as being reported, that would be the kind of excellent, ballsy move we always expect our GM's to do.

The guy is clearly going all in in Brett's last season (probably), and he knows there is not one definitive unbeatable team. The NFC is wide open, with Saints, Packers, Vikings being the most legitimate contenders.

There is nothing special going on in the AFC either, where Steelers (my pick for SB champion), Colts, Patriots, Ravens and Jets are the most powerful teams, but all of them have several weaknesses.

Bringing Moss would give that team a lot of air, Peterson will have more room to run, and Favre will improve his numbers. I would definitely put them as SB contender if this finally happens.

I think it also shows how being efficient is not enough to field a successful team. The Pats are almost obsessed with getting a return on their investments. They are obsessed with using players than selling them for picks. They are obsessed with trading early picks for future picks.

All of these future picks are nice, and they should be able to accumulate enough assets to rebuild really quickly as soon as they decide to cash in, but they're really wasting seasons by fielding acceptable teams rather than elite teams. Sure, trade Moss. Get that third rounder, but how about you package that third rounder with your late first round pick and a future second and move into the top 3 and take Mark Ingram, use your oakland pick on AJ Green to replace Moss or on Robert Quinn to develop your pass rush, or on Marcell Darius to play DE.

But no, they're obsessed with value. They'll trade their first round picks for future first round picks. They'll draft 3-4 players that will stick on the roster and are solid role players but not spectacular. They'll draft a running back in the 5th round that will be a hard worker but wont ever scare anyone. They'll grab a shifty 6th round WR.

Bold moves are needed to have top tier talent. High risk (in the form of gigantic contracts) High reward players are what places your team among the elite. Use your solid role players to fill the gaps but you need talent out there.

Singletary, please resign and take Alex with you to some hopeless franchise

"I am nowhere near that point," Singletary said. "When I look at Alex, I see growing pains of not just Alex Smith, but our team. I think Alex has done a decent job and going forward he's only going to get better. Hopefully we're at a point right now where everybody is growing up."

This makes me sick...