Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Anderson Hard at Work This Offseason

good to see our young talent working hard. daniel orton has been working really hard and he says he's in much better shape and feeling real good. real good to see from our young guys staying hungry and motivated.

three training sessions a day is impressive, im debating whether to just have the one today ha. Glad to know he's working on his speed and who knows, if Rashard is spending most of his time at the 3 then there may be some playing time for him if he keeps at it. Just happy knowing that the team are working real hard at the minute.

I really don't think Shard is going to be playing at the 3 much.

As it stands, this is our roster:

Jameer/Duhon/??

Wincent/JJ

Pietrus/Q*berto/Sticks?

Shard/Anderson/Bass

Howard/Gortat/Orton

Between Pietrus and Q at the 3, I really don't see how Stan will be able to squeeze Lewis in there.

I wish we only had an 8-9 man rotation...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I see no reason why we can't shake things up a bit this year:

PG - Nelson/Duhon/???

SG - VC/Q-Rich/Redick

SF - Lewis/Pietrus/Q-Rich

PF - Anderson/Bass

C - Dwight/Gortat

Effectively gives us the same style of play, albeit with a weaker starting lineup defensively.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

PG - Nelson/Duhon/???

SG - VC/Q-Rich/Redick

PF - Anderson/Bass

C - Dwight/Gortat

Effectively gives us the same style of play, albeit with a weaker starting lineup defensively.

We didn't spend all of that money to match Redick to not have him playing, especially when he's better than both Carter and Richardson.

• Upvote 1

PG - Nelson/Duhon/???

SG - VC/Q-Rich/Redick

PF - Anderson/Bass

C - Dwight/Gortat

Yes, but how much playing time is Redick getting there? Almost none. For Lewis to be able to play minutes at the 3, someone will be getting a lot of minutes deducted from.

This is what exactly what I was hoping for. Ryan Anderson looked far to weak on the courts to handle any elite power forward or even a power forward in the middle of the pack. When he started out the two thousand nine and two thousand ten season hot while Rashard was serving his suspension, it didn't seem like he would cool down but it all came crashing down eventually. It was his first year under Van Gundy system as well as it was Brandon Bass's. In the article, Anderson took into account Jonathans hard work. I didn't know Marcin was working hard cause it didn't show this in 09-10. It did show in 07-08.

However, I hope Anderson doesn't wear himself out before the season starts. I just don't want him to be glass like other players and some of ours are.

• Upvote 3

TBN; where the joke of internet points is reality

The rep system is like 10 years old.

Too bad our old forum was like 25 years old :svgsad:

• Downvote 1

It's a shame this thread reminded me about our rotation problems.

That's why I'm still a firm believer that we can lose 2 or 3 good bench players if it nets us back a legit star or above average player who could fill a position of need in the starting lineup.

What's the use of having all this depth if some guys get 10-12 minutes a game and some don't even play. I get they're are injuries, but come on people. We are stacked down to our 12th man. Last year it was awesome since our bench has always been atrocious. But after seeing Bass rack up all those DNP's, it's a bit frustrating that we have to go through that once again. And this time we have 2 guys getting paid WAY too much to ride the bench or play 12 mpg.

• Upvote 3