Magic Fan 4 Life

Bob Vander Weide: Expect to see more Brandon Bass next season

Self-determination means you can hope for whatever you want.

But what the hell is going on in your avatar?

Really hope the SVG can utilize bass the way he is suppose to be.....let's see if SVG "leveled up" in the offseason

Self-determination means you can hope for whatever you want.

But what the hell is going on in your avatar?

lol, true.

well, that poor clown (aka Pukie) just finished a CrossFit workout and he's making good on his moniker, illustrating just how intensive and insane a CrossFit workout can be. If you're interested in experiencing such pleasures, let me know, I can arrange this.

I'd like to see more of Bass too, but I don't want him just chucking shots the entire time he's in there. From the little we saw of him last year, he hustled and played decent defense, but every time he touched the ball he seemed like he was out there to chuck.

And here is what I dont get....

After losing to the Lakers, the need for a bigger PF was essential going into that offseason....

We signed Bass and Matched Gortat to fill that need at PF....

2010 Season Starts and we stick with our "2009 Rotation" and never see Bass or Gortat come off the bench to fill the "Bigger PF Need"....

The only time we actually use the "Bigger PF" was in the late round of the playoffs, where it was obvious that more time with the "Bigger Lineup" was definitely needed.... preferably before the playoffs...

The end result of 2010 Playoffs... We get bounce by Boston... and the need for a "Bigger PF" is back on....

Reflecting on the season, SVG admitted that he should of used Gortat and Bass more in the season, ironing out the details of using that particular lineup.... Amazing...

Just think, if we did use Bass and Gortat in the PF position... we would have a better idea if we have the right players or not for what we are looking for.... Which could of put us in more of a drive to find that player....

But no....

Now we are back to square one...

Back to the fact that Bass and Gortat will once again put on the PF suit and go to work... And that put's us fans back in the spectator seet, watching and waiting to see if its going to work or not...

• Upvote 2

And here is what I dont get....

After losing to the Lakers, the need for a bigger PF was essential going into that offseason....

We signed Bass and Matched Gortat to fill that need at PF....

2010 Season Starts and we stick with our "2009 Rotation" and never see Bass or Gortat come off the bench to fill the "Bigger PF Need"....

The only time we actually use the "Bigger PF" was in the late round of the playoffs, where it was obvious that more time with the "Bigger Lineup" was definitely needed.... preferably before the playoffs...

The end result of 2010 Playoffs... We get bounce by Boston... and the need for a "Bigger PF" is back on....

Reflecting on the season, SVG admitted that he should of used Gortat and Bass more in the season, ironing out the details of using that particular lineup.... Amazing...

Just think, if we did use Bass and Gortat in the PF position... we would have a better idea if we have the right players or not for what we are looking for.... Which could of put us in more of a drive to find that player....

But no....

Now we are back to square one...

Back to the fact that Bass and Gortat will once again put on the PF suit and go to work... And that put's us fans back in the spectator seet, watching and waiting to see if its going to work or not...

Well, I have to agree with this analysis.

However, I wouldn't be surprised for this to be a way to drive up his value for mid-season when a trade is made available.